Worklog Pengy's first Wiip worklog

pengy

The regulators have SMD caps soldered on the board so their footprint is just the pcb :)

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Lowkey cashbox showin them fat stacks :P
But nice job on those regs and stuff, lookin great! Can't wait to see the finished product!

cheese

Staff member
Damn son, nice! As Ben Heck always says, make sure you build something you can take apart again.

pengy

Lowkey cashbox showin them fat stacks :P
But nice job on those regs and stuff, lookin great! Can't wait to see the finished product!
Lol that just happened to be where it was sitting. I own a food truck so that's what it's from xD

Shank

Staff member
Portables

pengy

Does the GC controller use ground as the common for the buttons? Can I trim it down to just the chip? Or should I trim it to Ashens original trim shape?

pengy

Now that's a hella low profile double tact shoulder right there

cheese

Staff member
I'm not entirely sure (it would make sense if it did), but if you check continuity between the ground going to the connector / some other ground on the controller and the pads on the buttons (one will be ground, the other goes back to the chip), you can see if it goes to ground.

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Now that's a hella low profile double tact shoulder right there
Very nice work. Make sure to put an insulator on the batteries so they don't short out against the tact switch!

pengy

Thanks bud. Yeh yeh I will. If I cut the GC controller to the same lines you did in your wiiboy and wire the buttons according to the diagram in the guide hub, am I good to go?

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Thanks bud. Yeh yeh I will. If I cut the GC controller to the same lines you did in your wiiboy and wire the buttons according to the diagram in the guide hub, am I good to go?
Yes. It can be trimmed down pretty small without rewiring anything other than the usual buttons

Matthew

Formally known as Chaos
Portables
This is coming along well! I'm exited for the finished project. You are making want to start a wii portable. I'm in school right now and crazy busy but I will definitely be following this. Keep up the good work!

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
This is turning out great!
By the way, you can't place the 3DS slider in that way, because you'd have to invert only one of the two axes. You need to place it in another way (with the contact side towards the top wrt that picture), or you'll have to use something like my board that can invert the axes however you like :P

Josiah

"has done nothing for this community"
Portables
Looks good.

pengy

Thanks guys! Thanks for the advice Aurelio, it's not in there yet luckily. I'll be wiring those in next and giving the controls a test.
Do I need to retain the big electrolytic cap on the GC controller board?

Last edited:

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Thanks guys! Thanks for the advice Aurelio, it's not in there yet luckily. I'll be wiring those in next and giving the controls a text. Do I need to retain the big electrolytic cap on the GC controller board?
The blue component? That's an oscillator and yes you need it :)