Worklog Pengy's first Wiip worklog

pengy

Thanks cheese. So I'm not getting anything so my gc controller must be improperly connected. I am pulling 3.3v and ground over by the LDO, and im using one of the pictured pins in the trimming guide for the controller hookup. As far as i could surmise, trimming it to where i did and wiring things directly to the chip on the controller was all I had to do. Now I'm starting to wonder if that's the case.... Does anyone have any ideas?

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Assuming this is an official controller, did you happen to remove the blue lookin thingy? AFAIK that's a crystal, and is totally needed.

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Where did you solder the data line on the controller?

pengy

It's soldered to the pin called "data in" on the controller guide on this forum. I tried to copy the trim from your wiiboyv2 exactly.

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
It's soldered to the pin called "data in" on the controller guide on this forum. I tried to copy the trim from your wiiboyv2 exactly.
There is a small transistor at the top of the GC controller. Try soldering the data wire to the side of the transistor with only 1 pin. Do you know if the issue is that the buttons aren't working, or the controller just straight up is "not connected"?

pengy

I don't know and I don't know how to know lol. The GC controller test app showed no response. I will try that fix when I get a chance in a bit

pengy

So the transistor leg as the data line seems to have solved the issue.... Do we have any idea why that solved the issue? Thanks gman lol.

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
So the transistor leg as the data line seems to have solved the issue.... Do we have any idea why that solved the issue? Thanks gman lol.
I haven't fully mapped out the data line circuit, but I've had your problem before and somewhere along the line it connects to that transistor and it seems to solve the issue.

do you plan on closing the unit with little screws on the side of the case? this is looking spectacular, Pengy

pengy

SMD low battery indicator I made and a few other things to show scale. It could be made a bit smaller but this was plenty small enough for my use. I haven't tested it yet but I checked over the wiring a few times and it seems good to go to me.

pengy

Mockup of the back panel so far, just need to wire the regs and add ports.

Front panel nearing completion as well. Little bit of room left.... what shall I use it for? :3