Classic+ Initial Release

JacksonS

Portables
Classic+.jpg

I've been working hard on a new controller emulator and it's finally ready for release! Classic+ is a replacement for Classic Controller and Nunchuk controllers in the same vein as GC+. It comes with a Wii homebrew app called Classic+ Configurator that handles calibration, updating, and other settings.

GitHub Link

All of the code and designs needed to build one are available on GitHub. I will continue updating the GitHub if any changes need to be made and will post updates here. Feel free to discuss or ask questions about the device in this thread.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
So this connects to a Wiimote? How are the motion controls done for the Nunchuk stuff?

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
Neat! Looks like a pretty solid design.

BocuD

Portables
Looking very nice!
I want to use one in my next wiip. Can I buy one from you directly or do I need to build one myself?

JacksonS

Portables
Looking very nice!
I want to use one in my next wiip. Can I buy one from you directly or do I need to build one myself?
Thanks. I won't be selling any, at least not right now. They may become available on the BB store for a little while.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
I was taking a quick look at your code. Instead of doing what you did here, set the ADC result to be left justified and just take ADRESH as a result.

Portables
sin^2(x) + cos^2(x) +e^(i*pi)
you can have my babies.

Also, while we are on the subject, are Deadzones configurable aswell? should be possible, but just want to make sure :)

So, would the SNES classic be configured to work with the classic controller mode? I am guessing it would not be through the nunchuk mode.

Portables
sin^2(x) + cos^2(x) +e^(i*pi)
So, would the SNES classic be configured to work with the classic controller mode? I am guessing it would not be through the nunchuk mode.
Congrats, you got common Sense :p

They (I believe) use the same protocol as the Classic controller, because you can use snes classic controllers on the wii u, so yes, you would use the Classic controller mode.

JacksonS

Portables
Yep. The original Nunchuk doesn't work with SNES Classic, so it needs to be in Classic Controller mode.

They (I believe) use the same protocol as the Classic controller, because you can use snes classic controllers on the wii u
It's not the same protocol used on Wii/Wii U but it's not very different either. The original Classic Controllers as well as the SNES Classic controllers have the ability to work in either mode.

JacksonS

Portables
Classic+ now supports IR camera emulation as well. It can be controlled using the right joystick only in Nunchuk mode. The original IR camera needs to be removed for emulation to work, but you can disable emulation entirely in the homebrew app if you don't want it to interfere with the original camera.

Here's a demo video:

Shank

Staff member
Portables
Thats so sick! I remember back in the early days of Wii running emulated pointer and motion controls on a portable was so far fetched it seemed unfeasible. It was one of those "it might be POSSIBLE but its so hard/so much work that nobody is gonna do it" ideas. And here we are, just a few years later, and its real and working. Amazing work, as always, Jackson. Thank you for always pushing the limits. I can't wait to throw this in a portable.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Classic+ now supports IR camera emulation as well. It can be controlled using the right joystick only in Nunchuk mode. The original IR camera needs to be removed for emulation to work, but you can disable emulation entirely in the homebrew app if you don't want it to interfere with the original camera.

Here's a demo video:
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude

Portables

Here's a demo video:
OMG ;)