Question Where to put GCN Isos using PortabilizeMii

Yup, just that. I have been trying a lot and PortabilizeMii nor nintendont recognize any games. Im trying to use Melee. ALSO! where do wii games go and what do I use to launch them?

Doom

Modelrater
Estmemed Member
Portables
Always 1/2
They have to be .wbfs and in the wbfs folder

also have to be named gameid_description, for example RDME6K_DominoRally.wbfs. The description doesn't really matter iirc but why would you name it anything else but the game's name.

edit: man i'm dumb I coulda sworn I read Wii iso's lol

anyway for GC, in the games folder you make a new folder with the game's name and the game ID. rename your iso to "game.iso," so no matter what the game the file will be called game.iso and not zeldawindwaker.iso or whatever. That part confused me a little when I was setting up. Also make sure you are not renaming it game.iso.iso.

More information on both wii and gc game file structures here, which is crucial to getting games recognized in PortableizeMii.

Last edited:

Shank

Staff member
Portables
You should check out the portablizemii section under the wii section. It has a lot of info to help answer basic common questions. Here is a guide that answers your question

To clarify what @Doom said, WII games have to be in wbfs format in the wbfs folder. Gamecube games are formatted like the aforementioned guide suggests.

Kojo

Thanks so much! I've been struggling with this all day. My ISOs and .bin files aren't being recognized as PSX or Sega games either. I'll just keep experimenting.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
If they don't work, try them on a pc emulator to see if it's the rom or your setup