Worklog Trim the SCPH-90xxx board

Discussion in 'Sony' started by James Reis, Apr 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Reis .

Hello everyone, sorry for my English, I'm Brazilian and I'm using google translator.

I am new here in the forum and I am trying to trim a board of the PlayStation 2 model SCPH-90xxx (the models that I have has BIOS 2.00 then runs the FMCB), I am following this guide and making changes due to the format of the board.
    First I remove the region components from the board (which are mostly the same as the SCPH-79xxx) if it works, I trim the board and then test again.

First Trim
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry for the horrible pictures...

[​IMG]
    Here you can see the components removed and the trim

I would first like to thank everyone who contributed to the definitive trim guide, and if they have any tips to share with me I will be grateful.

2. Gemudesu .

hi James. I just sign up in this forum and intend to create my own playstation 2 portable and still need learning more and more. I also have ps2 motherboard scph 90002 and have been looking for a way to trim.Finally in here.
    Thank you for providing a guide to trim motherboard 90002.
    In my view, the 9000x motherboard is the ideal motherboard to create portable because of its size not too large.

3. Lightning .

As long as you can solder to the traces and/or vias, its more than possible to cut off the controller port 1 section of board, it might just be necessary to supplement the resistors, that or just use controller port 2 all the time, provided that isn't a problem either.

PS

If you aren't using the DVD drive you don't need the modchip points Y through A, just the BIOS points, CX, and RST

4. Gemudesu .

yup. It may be correct if you just throw away the port controller 1 and use the only port 2 controller all the time. A bit of shrinking the casing space. It seems to be trying to just use port controller 2 only.

5. Shank Certified Wiitard Staff Member . . .

Portables:
    Please do not bump old threads unless you have something important and relevant to contribute.

No, the 9001 models do not have a trimming guide for a multitude of reasons.

6. cheese the tallest memer in town Staff Member . . . .

If you want the thread unlocked send me a pm James

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.