Worklog Trim the SCPH-90xxx board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, sorry for my English, I'm Brazilian and I'm using google translator.

I am new here in the forum and I am trying to trim a board of the PlayStation 2 model SCPH-90xxx (the models that I have has BIOS 2.00 then runs the FMCB), I am following this guide and making changes due to the format of the board.
First I remove the region components from the board (which are mostly the same as the SCPH-79xxx) if it works, I trim the board and then test again.

First Trim

Sorry for the horrible pictures...

Here you can see the components removed and the trim

I would first like to thank everyone who contributed to the definitive trim guide, and if they have any tips to share with me I will be grateful.

hi James. I just sign up in this forum and intend to create my own playstation 2 portable and still need learning more and more. I also have ps2 motherboard scph 90002 and have been looking for a way to trim.Finally in here.
Thank you for providing a guide to trim motherboard 90002.
In my view, the 9000x motherboard is the ideal motherboard to create portable because of its size not too large.

As long as you can solder to the traces and/or vias, its more than possible to cut off the controller port 1 section of board, it might just be necessary to supplement the resistors, that or just use controller port 2 all the time, provided that isn't a problem either.

PS

If you aren't using the DVD drive you don't need the modchip points Y through A, just the BIOS points, CX, and RST

yup. It may be correct if you just throw away the port controller 1 and use the only port 2 controller all the time. A bit of shrinking the casing space. It seems to be trying to just use port controller 2 only.

Shank

Staff member
Portables
It's posible to trim the 90010 model?
Please do not bump old threads unless you have something important and relevant to contribute.

No, the 9001 models do not have a trimming guide for a multitude of reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.