Worklog RIIIIIP

Found gaps in a lot of areas so went back and did more work. Should be visiting it one more time before i paint. At the end ill be sanding the holes.
0926161256.jpg

What are you using to fill?
Bondo/Rustoleum related products. You can use bondo body filler for larger gaps when frankencasing, i used glazing putty (reddish brown looking stuff) and rustoleum spray paint or any brand that you like. I used krylon for that white.

Front case is 98% ready for assembly. I haven't touched the back yet as i havent configured a working board yet. Soon.
0929161133.jpg
the edges didnt get equal coverage. One more coat in a couple days. Should it be finely sanded after finished painting? Idk how cases should be finished lol

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Just however feels nice in your hand. I know it'll feel super smooth if you put a gloss coat on top, even if it's not super super smooth already

Just however feels nice in your hand. I know it'll feel super smooth if you put a gloss coat on top, even if it's not super super smooth already
That was a glossy white. I was going to put a clear coat at the end. I just wanted to know what was recommended. Thanks

I have tomorrow off so im doing the rest then. Ill fix the imperfectioms on the front along with the shoulder buttons. I think im getting some other stuff in the mail too.

14773763801511612872020.jpg
gonna sand it with fine grits then clear coat it. I also finally ordered some regs so ills get to properly troubleshoot some boards.
EDIT: i also purchased a lexar 32 gig usb so i can try loading vc channels. Aside from that i can also get to aseembling and working on the rest of the controller..

Portables
3/4
That is coming out so awesome man, makes me want to try out a Wii portable!! :)

Shank

Staff member
Portables
I can't wait to see how this turns out. All that work polishing and fine tuning the case is going to pay off.

That is coming out so awesome man, makes me want to try out a Wii portable!! :)
You really should try it before you make your next gamecube portable. There is litterally no advantage or reason to make a gamecube portable over a Wii portable. Wiis are much easier to wire up, use less than half the power, are cheaper, and are cut way smaller. I'd bet money that once you make a Wii portable, you will never want to go back to gamecube portables.

Portables
3/4
I first found the ModRetro forum, (out of date just a bit) so finding the right Wii, trimming motherboards and making power regulators are the things that have been holding me back. Trimming I've heard you get the hang of quickly, power regs get me though since parts add up, they get a bit confusing with all the different diagrams out there, (kinda like batteries). That and parts lists from DigiKey or Mouser can get confusing as well, lol!! If anyone has tips on that the power reg layouts/part lists I'll take that challenge, (just have to figure out what to do with the 8 GC motherboards I have laying around, lol)!! :D

Sorry, didn't mean to get off track there, back on topic, @The_Smeags seeing how sweet your Wii portable is coming out is making me really want to break those chains, lol!! I can't wait to see that thing when finished man!! :)

I can't wait to see how this turns out. All that work polishing and fine tuning the case is going to pay off.
I agree, theres a few minor imperfections on the front, but not gonna worry about 'em. I should be getting the regs and usb by next week wo im excited to reveal if the boards that i did cut work or not. Update soon to come

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgot to add the quote back to shanks post so my reply is part of it lol

14777131836291824457731.jpg
me and @caop1231 (well him) came up with the resistors needed to get the values needed for the regs. Ill be finishing up the testing and wiring at my place one of these days. And omg does it take forever to find the ones you need in a sorted supply lol