Worklog RIIIIIP

For some reason it was like that only when a wire was attached to the pin. I now have it wired to a small component on the top side of the board. Av, p1, usb port 1 and reset have been wired. The voltages have been added in too which arent in the pics. Right after i get the regulators ill test. Btw can someone link me to a datasheet for the caps and resistors needed? Havent had the chance to check. I also received my 3ds sliders
0903162135.jpg

Started messing with the sliders. Cut what i had to and now i can start mounting. Thing is, i cant stand these little nicks the cases have so im highly considering on filling these then painting them. I also got my screen in the mail. Ill be sure to test it soon. When it comes to wiring up the ti regs which ill soon order, what resistors and caps should i use? If someone can answer that.
0906161944.jpg

Josiah

"has done nothing for this community"
Portables
Started messing with the sliders. Cut what i had to and now i can start mounting. Thing is, i cant stand these little nicks the cases have so im highly considering on filling these then painting them. I also got my screen in the mail. Ill be sure to test it soon. When it comes to wiring up the ti regs which ill soon order, what resistors and caps should i use? If someone can answer that.View attachment 796
That's what happens when you buy a Case made from a bad 3D Printer. But you should paint/fill it, It will look better!

Last edited:
That's what happens when you buy a Case made from a bad 3D Printer. But you should paint/fill it, It will look better!
3D printing is a lot to work with, it wont always be perfect. Ill probably grab some materials and work on it one of these days. Since i wont be able to push forward until i can test the new board trim. Crossing my fingers i can get it to work this time around. @Gman i was curious if you had any spare mx chips you havent tossed in the trash? Someone tossed the board i had which had it :/

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
@Gman i was curious if you had any spare mx chips you havent tossed in the trash? Someone tossed the board i had which had it :/
Sorry I do not. I am back at school now so my materials and tools are limited.

Matthew

Formally known as Chaos
Portables
That's what happens when you buy a Case made from a bad 3D Printer. But you should paint/fill it, It will look better
Just because the print has imperfections doesn't mean it's a bad printer. 3D printing is more of an art than a science and the printer itself is prone to all sorts of things like shaking or vibrating which can distort the print. Sometimes the printer can be perfectly configured but the software doesn't slice the model properly.

Josiah

"has done nothing for this community"
Portables
Just because the print has imperfections doesn't mean it's a bad printer. 3D printing is more of an art than a science and the printer itself is prone to all sorts of things like shaking or vibrating which can distort the print. Sometimes the printer can be perfectly configured but the software doesn't slice the model properly.
The case design is very good. All I was saying is it was the printers fault. You wouldn't have any of those problems with a higher quality printer, But they are more expensive.

Shank

Staff member
Portables
@The_Smeags I should have an extra MX chip or two laying around. Do you need just the chip or the board with supplementary components?

@The_Smeags I should have an extra MX chip or two laying around. Do you need just the chip or the board with supplementary components?
If you can send me one with the components ill send you something in return. I have a few gc controllers if you need one.
Edit: or money if you prefer that.

Shank

Staff member
Portables
If you can send me one with the components ill send you something in return. I have a few gc controllers if you need one.
Edit: or money if you prefer that.
Pm me your address and I'll send it your way. I have plenty of them and shipping is cheap. Finish your portable, and that's payment enough for me! :D

Portables
Looks good! Case work is my favorite part of the process, though I often do a lot of frankencasing.

Looks good! Case work is my favorite part of the process, though I often do a lot of frankencasing.
Credits go to gman for designing and printing. All im doing is making it all smooth and painting (aiming to get the right shade of purple). Pretty soon ill start on the controller which im hoping the tacts will be here this week.

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Lookin' good so far Smeags! You'll have to use some sort of body filler to get a smooth finish. The cracks are small enough for bondo or whatever is easy to work with for you. Also I'm not sure if I mentioned this to you not or not, but it's a good idea to reinforce the shoulder button extrusion in the case. This piece will go under a lot of pressure so you can bulk it up with glue or something. I love watching the progress for this since you are using the case I designed!

Lookin' good so far Smeags! You'll have to use some sort of body filler to get a smooth finish. The cracks are small enough for bondo or whatever is easy to work with for you. Also I'm not sure if I mentioned this to you not or not, but it's a good idea to reinforce the shoulder button extrusion in the case. This piece will go under a lot of pressure so you can bulk it up with glue or something. I love watching the progress for this since you are using the case I designed!
Thanks, i have bondo, havent used it before so i suppose i can break some out for this. Ill probably have to get some circular files for the button holes. Taping them is difficult due to shape.
You havent mentioned that, but ive noticed the posts arent super strong so i considered that. Thanks for the heads up, i should be able to post more pics tomorrow

pengy

What's your reasoning behind relocating the MX chip? Is it worth it? I know it provides RTC, do any games or anything require RTC?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
What's your reasoning behind relocating the MX chip? Is it worth it? I know it provides RTC, do any games or anything require RTC?
I think that it's useful only with Animal Crossing.
Also it's the only way so far to play VC N64 and Nes games

pengy

But the pack includes emulators for n64 and nes right? So you could play those consoles through ththe emulators. Sounds like you don't really need it unless you want animal crossing or to play VC games?