Worklog PS2 Trimming Initiative

That converter just converts component to VGA, for which there are many similar devices. Gman's video DAC takes digital RGB and converts it into VGA, the interlace vs progressive part is accomplished at a GPU level (graphic synthesiser), which is why he talked about homebrew
I am not good for much but googling, but I picked that converter because it can specifically convert 15 hz interlaced to progressive. Flipping through a couple pages and through a few online stores didn't yield any type of converter that wasn't happy with a 60 hz signal.

Would modding games on a game by game basis to force progressive be a more effective solution?
no decent results on games that don't already support progressive output from within the game. better picture this way, better upscaling depending on which converter you use. more options for screens to use, you could go rgb to hdmi potentially.

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
I don't see a line doubler being useful in a portable. I've already sourced and tested a variety of screen sizes that accept 15kHz VGA including 3.5", 4", 5" 4:3, and 5" 16:9.

The model 90000 is indeed compatible with Free MCBoot, but only the ones with the first BIOS. That's the best PS2 model ever, because it has the quality of the 79000 + the lens is the best one, Sony changed the manufacturer back to itself with the 90000, but I think it is someway rare nowadays. All of them have KHM430 lens, which was a lottery with the 7x000. Of course, the v13 and v14 were the worst, with the spu3170. I had to deal with a couple of those and omg, I wanted to die :(