• Ordering from the BitBuilt Store will be disabled until sometime next week. We apologize for the inconvience!

Solved No video signal after u10 relocation

Portables
Hello,

I am working on an uncut Wii CPU-020 board. After I did the relocation for the second time, I still get the same problem. So, I removed U10 and later U9, all other steps exactly like the trimming guide suggests.
Pads 4 and 5 are also short on both transistor spots like this thread mentions: https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/how-can-i-test-my-u10-relocation.1988/. The led is red when the powerplug is in the mains, then it turns green for a second and the led is fully gone. I can't seem to get the led back on without removing the powerplug. The capacitors next to the U10 and U9 are accidentally removed, when I short both the Wii doesn't even show a red led. Is there anybody here that could help me out?

Kind regards,

Sam

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Staff member
Portables
Can you please attach pics so we can see the setup?

Shank

Staff member
Portables
BocuD and I talked to him outside the forums earlier today and we were able to help him resolve the issue. He had a short to gnd on the 3.3v line somewhere on his board

Portables
BocuD and I talked to him outside the forums earlier today and we were able to help him resolve the issue. He had a short to gnd on the 3.3v line somewhere on his board
That's right.
I will mark this thread as solved.

@Moderators, thread can be closed.

Last edited: