Search results

1. Downing

The 5th GeN64 Portable - A Downing/Gman & Aurelio Creation

Hey guys what's up! Sorry this is kind of a direct copy and paste of blog post but I felt there should be a post here about this project! This is my latest completed portable Nintendo 64, with big help from @Gman and @Aurelio! This is my 16th finished portable N64 in my almost 15 years of...
  2. Downing

Mini Air Hockey Table

Hey guys! So yeah, I understand this isn't a portable console by any stretch of the imagination. But it is one that @CrashBash and I have been working on for the better part of 2 years. Well, one year of actual work anyway as my move kind of put the project on hold for most of 2023. That said...
  3. Downing

The TigerBoy Advance Complete!

Hey guys...yeah, I know I've been dead to the forums for quite a while now, but have been as active as I can be in the scene otherwise. That said, I recently finished up a new project that kind of took a step back from the normal and more advanced modding that's been happening lately, and did...
  4. Downing

Project 15: Portable N64 finally complete!

Sorry it's taken so long to get a post up over here about this. It's been a busy few days but I had an unexpected day off so I'm catching up on all kinds of stuff (mostly laundry and dishes). But that said, the video above represents almost 2 years of a commission process with a failure that...
  5. Downing

Worklog "The GoldeN64" Re-Do

So as some of you are aware, a commission I started nearly a year ago, was nearly complete when the paint finish decided to fail in spectacular fashion. I'd never seen a paint failure like this under the circumstances and it really took the wind out of my sails for several months as I ended up...
  6. Downing

Worklog The eNVeGA 64

More than likely going to get my ass kicked by entering this contest with a portable base as inferior to the Wii as the N64, but the plan is to modernize it as much as possible utilizing a built in Everdrive as well using Marshall's VGA board for a nice video upgrade. As always it will include...
  7. Downing

The SNES Box Go - Portable Flashcart SNES

As if this is even a relevant topic in this Wii little land over here, but hell...I'm in the mood to be roasted! This isn't anything ground breaking by any means aside from the fact that I think no one has tried this in the past, making it an underwhelming "first" in the portablizing scene...
  8. Downing

Legacy N64 Portable STL's Available for Download

Hey guys, Been a long time since posting anything significant and though this isn't a completed project (and mods please move this to where you see fit), I finally decided to release a more updated version of my N64 portable enclosure. This is not the most recent version, in fact it's...
  9. Downing

The DowN64p w/ Ultra VGA Upgrade

Hey guys! Posted this a few weeks ago on You Tube but then life continued to get crazy very fast and am just now getting a chance to catch up on everything. But yeah, as the title implies, I was able to successfully upgrade the portable I brought to MGC with Marshall's Ultra VGA board he did...
  10. Downing

4 Controller Enclosures w/ 3.5" Screen, Speakers, Audio Jack, Tact Board & USB 3.0 Cables

Hey guys, So this was a project that I started over a year and a half ago which never ended up getting finished due to life. This was going to be the N64 version of the SNES-001 Advance controller set but it kind of died out I'm afraid. This was designed around the custom components that...
  11. Downing

The DowN64p Kit Headed to MGC

What's up everyone! Been a very long time since I've made any kind of project log, but seems this is a special occasion I wanted to share what I'll be bringing with me to the Midwest Gaming Classic for the BitBuilt Experience. This will be my first time ever going to a conference like this and...
  12. Downing

WTS - (10) Legacy Downing Style N64p Cases & (4) - miNi64 v2.1 Controller Boards

Update 2/7/18 - Down to only (2) of the miNi64-v2.1 boards. Hey everyone, long time I know! Life's been busy and modding work has only had very limited time, mostly for commissions. However, since I've not had a commission to work on for several months, I've been able to get back onto my...
  13. Downing

The SHNYAPS64 - Commissioned N64p

Hey guys, Sorry I've been such a stranger to the world lately. Real life with a 2.5 year old and a 4 month old pretty much sucks up all the time I've got these days, making it very had to even get to my work bench, much less post a work log about it. But that said, last week I finished up...
  14. Downing

The Mithzan 64 by Downing

Hey guys, I know it's been a long time since I posted anything here and truth be told, the time to do projects and work logs are just not there, so here is a quick synopsis of my latest completed project. Just like the Hesline, this is an N64 portable but NTSC instead of PAL. It's got...
  15. Downing

New toy added to the basement!

https://downingsbasement.com/2017/01/05/happy-new-printer-er-year/ It's been an extremely long time coming (well to me anyway), but after nailing down a few new commissions, I decided it was time to pull the trigger. Did I get myself in over my head...probably as the projects I'm doing don't...
  16. Downing

Downing's Yard Sale

Hey Guys, Clearing out a lot of old stuff and will probably be adding and taking away from this thread as things sell off. Posting prices but feel free to make an offer unless noted. All prices do not include shipping which will need to be added to the total. All items will be first come...
  17. Downing

FS: Original Cross Plane Prototype Casing

Hey guys, Got one original prototype casing left over from when we were designing the enclosure for the Cross Plane. Case is in good shape, though it doesn't fit together as nicely as it should have and we had made a few design changes which why it was never used. Printed with ABS and made...
  18. Downing

FS: Geneboy 3 Casing/Partial Wired

Hey guys, Started this awhile ago but do not have the time to finish it. Casing is a bit beat up and it'll need a 3.5" screen and batteries to finish. I imagine at this point it would be easier to put a Pi Zero in there now if one wanted, but it was designed to use a slightly trimmed Genesis 3...
  19. Downing

Worklog Downing's Latest N64p Commission: Hesline 64

He everyone! Figured it was about time to start up a worklog over here for a commission that I took on for a customer in Australia. This is probably the most advanced N64 I'd done to date as it uses all custom printed PCBs, custom controller and audio amp (all designed by RDC), and all reworked...