Worklog Aurelio's and Madmorda's cooperative portable

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Hey everyone! Few days ago me and @Madmorda started working on a new Wii portable. The case design is based on the GBA classic. Enough with the words, take a look at the video. Thank

PS: This has nothing to do with the Piizza 2.0

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
not shown in the video: aurelio installing the "NoRibbonCable" IOSes on the screen board

Shank

Staff member
Portables
I had been toying with the idea of stuffing a wii in a gba sp case for a while now. My question for you Aurelio is would the screen be too small for that kind of resolution (I know its 480p, but still)? Or do you think it would still look great?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
These are EVP-AXBA1A. The two internal switches have a common pad, so they can't be used with the standard dual-tact mod (since one switch is usually connected to ground and the other is connected to 3.3V). The solution is either to use a transistor to switch the signals or use a custom firmware for GC+ which is not publicly available yet (and I don't know when it will).

These are EVP-AXBA1A. The two internal switches have a common pad, so they can't be used with the standard dual-tact mod (since one switch is usually connected to ground and the other is connected to 3.3V). The solution is either to use a transistor to switch the signals or use a custom firmware for GC+ which is not publicly available yet (and I don't know when it will).
Honestly? A transistor will work just fine for me. Hahaha. Thanks for the part number! :)

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Honestly? A transistor will work just fine for me. Hahaha. Thanks for the part number! :)
You bet! There are few switches with the same configuration that are slightly bigger (like a standard 6x6 tact switch). Unless you need something really small, I'd look for those

You bet! There are few switches with the same configuration that are slightly bigger (like a standard 6x6 tact switch). Unless you need something really small, I'd look for those
I'm still on the fence regarding component size to be honest. I want my next build to be tiny, but to properly do so, I would have to design custom circuit boards and transplant the parts from the various components I use for the portable onto them. I feel as though I'd have essentially do what Nikoil is doing with his NGCP. The problem is, I don't have his resources and I haven't designed my own proper circuit board in over 14 years. Hahaha. Maybe that's too ambitious? IDK.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
I'm still on the fence regarding component size to be honest. I want my next build to be tiny, but to properly do so, I would have to design custom circuit boards and transplant the parts from the various components I use for the portable onto them. I feel as though I'd have essentially do what Nikoil is doing with his NGCP. The problem is, I don't have his resources and I haven't designed my own proper circuit board in over 14 years. Hahaha. Maybe that's too ambitious? IDK.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables