Worklog Aurelio's and Madmorda's cooperative portable

Tbh with the Wii the trimmings are so easy and need so few relocations that making something like Nikoil's GCP is pretty much useless, unless you wanted to make something like this: https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/piizza-2-0.1012/
That's exactly what I'm talking about and I had no clue something like that was even being worked on for the Wii. More specifically though, I'd want the BB video, regulators, Wii MB components on one board and the display driver components, button mounts and GC+ on another board. Combining multiple components onto one or two custom compact PCB's is (obviously) the best available way to slim down portables (the best way would be a new, more compact solution for rechargeable batteries that doesn't exist, at least commercially, yet).

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
That's exactly what I'm talking about and I had no clue something like that was even being worked on for the Wii. More specifically though, I'd want the BB video, regulators, Wii MB components on one board and the display driver components, button mounts and GC+ on another board. Combining multiple components onto one or two custom compact PCB's is (obviously) the best available way to slim down portables (the best way would be a new, more compact solution for rechargeable batteries that doesn't exist, at least commercially, yet).
Something like this? :P https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/adding-pth-to-the-bitbuilt-store.1195/#post-13572
Anyway the Wii motherboard redesign is not something easy to achieve (I still have to order the PCB and test it actually).

Something like this? :P https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/adding-pth-to-the-bitbuilt-store.1195/#post-13572
Anyway the Wii motherboard redesign is not something easy to achieve (I still have to order the PCB and test it actually).
Damn... Maybe I'm just getting old or maybe being out of the portablizing scene for a while has made me rusty, but you guys have been consistently at least one step ahead of me as of late. Hahahaha.

Needless to say, I would be so down to buy some of these boards were they ever to become available.

Also...

Attachments

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Damn... Maybe I'm just getting old or maybe being out of the portablizing scene for a while has made me rusty, but you guys have been consistently at least one step ahead of me as of late. Hahahaha.

Needless to say, I would be so down to buy some of these boards were they ever to become available.

Also...
I'm working on the final design right now. It will be a while before they'll be available

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
These are EVP-AXBA1A. The two internal switches have a common pad, so they can't be used with the standard dual-tact mod (since one switch is usually connected to ground and the other is connected to 3.3V). The solution is either to use a transistor to switch the signals or use a custom firmware for GC+ which is not publicly available yet (and I don't know when it will).
Perhaps a few off-mom-mom switches should be added to the BOM.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Perhaps a few off-mom-mom switches should be added to the BOM.
I don't think that's a good idea, at least until I release the GC+ firmware to support them.

Shank

Staff member
Portables

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Hold up, are those triwing screws?
They are lol. I actually used them in my Piizza as well. This time I had them next to me, so I used them temporarily, but I don’t think we’ll end up using them in the final build :D

Last edited:

Shank

Staff member
Portables

fibbef

Wizardry V Completer
I knew this was going to be thick compared to a GBA, but that's not too bad. Excited for more!

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
I knew this was going to be thick compared to a GBA, but that's not too bad. Excited for more!
It's approximately 1cm thicker in the middle, while on the sides it's pretty much the same