Worklog Piizza 2.0

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
piizza2.0.png

This is a project I've been working on for the past few weeks. I'm completely redoing the Wii motherboard in order to have a tiny, fully working Wii board, easy to assemble in my next portable, the Piizza 2.0.
The current board size is 2.7" x 2.1", but this is going to change slightly because I'm going to put on it GC+, regulators, audio amplifier and battery charger.
Stay tuned for more! :D

Looks beast.

FTFY
Might be childish, but when I was a young lad I was cursed by my 3rd grade teacher... Now I see dicks in everything in life.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Looks beast.

FTFY
Might be childish, but when I was a young lad I was cursed by my 3rd grade teacher... Now I see dicks in everything in life.

You're not the only one...

Luke

Portables
Very much looking forward to watching this progress; I am so fascinated by this stuff and as we talked about I'm really interested in learning some of it.
I'm going to put on it GC+, regulators, audio amplifier and battery charger.
And GC video? :XD:

Bakuku

Portables
This is amazing!

Are you planning on selling these if people ship their Wii's to you so you can swap the CPU, GPU and NAND?

That would be amazing!
You should have a talk with Mega about incorparating The GC video for Wii board!

Looks really nice! Keep up the good work!

Noah

retired
Portables
I know it's opensource. But does it work with Wii how it is now on github?
Mega sells GCVideo for the GameCube, not the Wii. Aurelio has changed a few things in the firmware that now allows it to work on the Wii. IIRC those changes aren't in the github.

Bakuku

Portables
Mega sells GCVideo for the GameCube, not the Wii. Aurelio has changed a few things in the firmware that now allows it to work on the Wii. IIRC those changes aren't in the github.
Forcing component for GC games with the Wii version... What can we expect? Is the quality same as component GC or the less quality Wii type?

If I recall correctly, the Wii outputs a lesser quality component signal when using GC games, right?

Noah

retired
Portables
Forcing component for GC games with the Wii version... What can we expect? Is the quality same as component GC or the less quality Wii type?

If I recall correctly, the Wii outputs a lesser quality component signal when using GC games, right?
No. Maybe through component cables yes, but through GCVideo which is what we use for portables the quality is just as good as it would be on the GameCube.

Shank

Staff member
Portables
Is the quality same as component GC or the less quality Wii type?

I've heard people say this, but I've never seen any tests or evidence to back this theory up.