Question Using 3ds analog stick as a gamecube analog stick replacement

I want to build a wii portable and want to use 3ds analog sticks. Do I just use the caps? Or do I somehow replace the analog stick on the gamecube with it. If yes, how do I do it?

Last edited:

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
If you're using a GC+ you can also run the configurator to calibrate the sliders so they function with full range. Without doing that step they fall a little short of full movement range in some games.

If you're using a GC+ you can also run the configurator to calibrate the sliders so they function with full range. Without doing that step they fall a little short of full movement range in some games.
Does the GC+ come with instructions?

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
They are both identical, they are also not very good as they only support composite video and the colour, brightness and viewing angles will not be great. There are other 3.5" panels which will look much better.

They are both identical, they are also not very good as they only support composite video and the colour, brightness and viewing angles will not be great. There are other 3.5" panels which will look much better.
What are some of it's drawbacks? And what are some alternatives?

Last edited:

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Possible? Maybe. Practical? Fuck no. It's heaps of extra steps for something that won't be as good as the simpler option.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Not really, no. You can remove the 5v reg and inductor, but the rest is required. It's small enough as it is anyway, you don't need to save that 2mm of space.