PS2 Ultra Slim

icd2k3

Just wanted to make sure you were okay with it before I uploaded anything. If that's indeed the case, I'll upload there and link that post here for easy access to anyone looking to print one for themselves while scouring over this thread in the future.
Hey @Androxilogin I can't seem to find your updated files - would you mind linking them here when you have a moment?

EDIT: here! https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.p...cases-for-scph-79001-dummy-memory-cards.5606/

Last edited:

icd2k3

With the PixelFX GEM on the horizon, it would be awesome if someone could remix these models even more with a space for an HDMI port!

According to Dan (citrus3000psi) the 79xxx will be possible with an open source adapter - according to his twitter pics it looks like the port would go just off to the side of the ethernet port. It's at the end of long ribbon cable, so placement doesn't need to be exact by the look of it.

Last edited:
After having read through every page here, I’m having trouble figuring out why my usb port suddenly stopped working after removing the second usb port. Some say to restore power to it and other say it’s not necessary. I’m getting 2.3v on the 3rd pin when power is on. The voltage regulator is also getting power. Here are some pictures of what I have.

Attachments

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
After having read through every page here, I’m having trouble figuring out why my usb port suddenly stopped working after removing the second usb port. Some say to restore power to it and other say it’s not necessary. I’m getting 2.3v on the 3rd pin when power is on. The voltage regulator is also getting power. Here are some pictures of what I have.
Power needs to be restored to it, watch Macho Nachos video on the process.

Finally decided to bite the $150 bullet for PCBway. Can someone help? Should I be fine to just send it? Or should i be concerned?

Attachments

Last edited:

cy

Portables
I wanted to build one of these for a while but never really had any excuse to. Recently I found a reason to so that's exactly what I did today! The design I edited into this one is based off the "Last Station" console lineup from Neptunia(obviously parodying PlayStation). For reference, here's the "Last Station" logo:
1.jpg
Last Station Logo.png
2.jpg

I also replaced the Sony logo with Noire's name since Noire is the character who makes the consoles in the neptunia series:
3.jpg

I didn't have the switch needed for this build and have recently ordered one. In the meantime, I went overboard with electrical tape securing the wires externally while I wait for the switch to arrive:
4.jpg

The trim for this is a little too easy and looks like it wasn't even trimmed...
20230814_163001.jpg

And since there's very few wires, I hardly even had to make any attempt at cable management:
20230814_191711.jpg

Awesome project once again @Wesk ! Great design as always and ezpz to assemble with Tito's video. Thanks again for designing such a beautiful piece!

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
Finally decided to bite the $150 bullet for PCBway. Can someone help? Should I be fine to just send it? Or should i be concerned?
It's fine, they just mention that in case the print comes out poorly they can't be blamed.

I wanted to build one of these for a while but never really had any excuse to. Recently I found a reason to so that's exactly what I did today! The design I edited into this one is based off the "Last Station" console lineup from Neptunia(obviously parodying PlayStation). For reference, here's the "Last Station" logo:
View attachment 29254View attachment 29263View attachment 29255
I also replaced the Sony logo with Noire's name since Noire is the character who makes the consoles in the neptunia series:
View attachment 29256
I didn't have the switch needed for this build and have recently ordered one. In the meantime, I went overboard with electrical tape securing the wires externally while I wait for the switch to arrive:
View attachment 29258
The trim for this is a little too easy and looks like it wasn't even trimmed...
View attachment 29261
And since there's very few wires, I hardly even had to make any attempt at cable management:
View attachment 29262

Awesome project once again @Wesk ! Great design as always and ezpz to assemble with Tito's video. Thanks again for designing such a beautiful piece!
Very clean, nice work.

Reactions: cy

PNWBro

I have a 79001 Silver PS2 Slim with no disc sensor. Anyone else have this problem? Is there a way to just power on the system without using the sensor? Could I harvest a sensor off of another PS2 to use as the power button? I'm a little concerned that since the sensor is missing the rest of the mod might not work/brick my PS2.

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
I have a 79001 Silver PS2 Slim with no disc sensor. Anyone else have this problem? Is there a way to just power on the system without using the sensor? Could I harvest a sensor off of another PS2 to use as the power button? I'm a little concerned that since the sensor is missing the rest of the mod might not work/brick my PS2.
If you read through this thread you'd see you can simply use any tact switch in its place.

cy

Portables
I ended up using an identical motherboard; same color of PS2 and everything. I ended up needing to do exactly what Wesk said. I attached one of the legs of the tact to the ground point right here. You'll need to be mindful of the screw post that is there and ensure none of the solder obstructs it, we're talking a very small blob of solder here, just enough to make the connection. After that, just bend the leg of the tact switch and solder it directly.
3.png

After that, I'd recommend securing the back end with some hot glue like I did:
1.png

When you mount it into the case, you will notice that nothing sits under the tact to keep you from slowly pressing it down each time you power cycle the console. I just filled in the blank space with hot glue:
2.png

The amount I used to fill it in in this picture actually ended up being too much and I had to re-do it, but that should give you the right idea. Just make sure you don't obstruct the screw post with any of the hot glue or solder. I was really rather careful when distributing the hot glue around the screw post on mine, but despite this I ended up having to remove some of it.

Hopefully this helps!

Last edited:
S'il te plaît how can find the reset pin in ps2 slim 70k and 77k ?

[MOD EDIT - FORMATTING]

Last edited by a moderator:
With the PixelFX GEM on the horizon, it would be awesome if someone could remix these models even more with a space for an HDMI port!

According to Dan (citrus3000psi) the 79xxx will be possible with an open source adapter - according to his twitter pics it looks like the port would go just off to the side of the ethernet port. It's at the end of long ribbon cable, so placement doesn't need to be exact by the look of it.
I'd like to see if this is possible too, I fully intend to put a GEM into mine when they release. Obviously the 79k series don't have support yet but again definitely on the list.

So I have modified the top case to be able to utilize the PlayStation logo from the PS2 Slim you tore apart. You have to trim the metal retainer bracket and there’s a notch on the cylinder of the PlayStation logo you have to cut or sand off as pictured with the gray logo. Here are the pictures. Thoughts?

Attachments

ricc12

Newbie here…question my motherboard doesn’t have the lid switch on the mainboard what should I do?

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
Original post has been updated with a new attachment which contains a STEP file for the PS2 Ultra Slim.

This model was made from scratch in Fusion so community members can have an easier time modifying the case if needed.

I've also made minor adjustments and cleaned up some geometry.

1694153031351.png
1694153185582.png

PNWBro

I ended up using an identical motherboard; same color of PS2 and everything. I ended up needing to do exactly what Wesk said. I attached one of the legs of the tact to the ground point right here. You'll need to be mindful of the screw post that is there and ensure none of the solder obstructs it, we're talking a very small blob of solder here, just enough to make the connection. After that, just bend the leg of the tact switch and solder it directly.
View attachment 29384
After that, I'd recommend securing the back end with some hot glue like I did:
View attachment 29385
When you mount it into the case, you will notice that nothing sits under the tact to keep you from slowly pressing it down each time you power cycle the console. I just filled in the blank space with hot glue:
View attachment 29387
The amount I used to fill it in in this picture actually ended up being too much and I had to re-do it, but that should give you the right idea. Just make sure you don't obstruct the screw post with any of the hot glue or solder. I was really rather careful when distributing the hot glue around the screw post on mine, but despite this I ended up having to remove some of it.

Hopefully this helps!
Wow! Thanks Cy! This is super helpful!

If you read through this thread you'd see you can simply use any tact switch in its place.
Apologies Wesk, I read through 5 pages and did a word seardh but couldn't find anything about it. I really appreciate you making this build available to the community. It's so professional you wouldn't think it was DIY at all! I'll take pictures and post my results so others can benefit once I have mine completed.

Reactions: cy

PNWBro

So I have modified the top case to be able to utilize the PlayStation logo from the PS2 Slim you tore apart. You have to trim the metal retainer bracket and there’s a notch on the cylinder of the PlayStation logo you have to cut or sand off as pictured with the gray logo. Here are the pictures. Thoughts?
This looks really cool! Where can I get the .stl file? I wanna reprint my cover.