Forever 64 - Miniature N64 with built in Everdrive

Hey everyone,

It's been a loooong time since I've actually posted something here on the forums but I've seen all the great work that you guys have done and I'm inspired to build again:mrgreen:. After a transition phase with moving to another country I've finally set up my new workshop and will post as much news work as possible.

I'm taking it a little next level and am trying to work more on the presentation of the project. My building methods are still pretty old skool compared to most of you but I plan to slowly but surely join the 3D printing and custom pcb designing.

Ok enough talk here I present to you my first completed project at my new location.... The Forever64.

I did a miniature N64 a long time ago but the buyer wanted to retain the cartridge slot. However this time round the buyer had an Everdrive 64 which he wanted to have built in. I challenged myself to make it as small as possible while still retaining the original look and feel.

If you remove the original controller ports it can be made even smaller but I think style trumps size in this case.

I'll be posting weekly updates through Facebook and Instagram @LOCtroviser and on youtube every few weeks when serious progress is made. Of course I will share things here as well and hope to show you some cool projects I have coming up.

Update: Some internal pics of the project. Sadly I didn't take any from the final moments but you get an idea of what placement I used t get everything to fit.

Last edited:

Shank

Staff member
Portables
Hey, long time no see Zenloc! Glad to see you are back on the map. I love this project. It looks so clean and official. Got any internal or progress pics? I'd love to see how it came together

Reactions: E64
Thanks guys. I've updated my post with a few internal pics I shot. Sadly I didn't take any at the final moments but with future projects I will be more extensive with documenting the process.

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
Ooooooh that's beautiful. That's amazing work! :D

fibbef

Wizardry V Completer
That’s simply adorable! Love it!

Downing

Basement Owner
Portables
20ish...
No longer in Amsterdam? Where you at now? Awesome work btw! That video also was top shelf!

Cheers Downing:mrgreen: I’m located in China right now. I’ve been working and studying here for almost 3 years.

I’m quite busy but i’m trying to out more time into building new projects. Got my workshop sorted out so hopefully I’ll be able to sort out my time.

All these sexy 3d printed projects are pushing me to get into that as well. Still plenty to learn though so we’ll see how it goes.

MRKane

2021 3rd Place Winner
What a fantastic job!!! Honestly that one made me sit bolt upright with a huge childish grin! Although hide it in a cupboard or something before Nintendo tries to run you for copyright on their next "classic" console ;)