Forever 64 - Miniature N64 with built in Everdrive

Discussion in 'The Cutting Edge' started by LOCtroviser, Sep 14, 2018 at 8:16 AM.

1. LOCtroviser .

Hey everyone,

It's been a loooong time since I've actually posted something here on the forums but I've seen all the great work that you guys have done and I'm inspired to build again:mrgreen:. After a transition phase with moving to another country I've finally set up my new workshop and will post as much news work as possible.

I'm taking it a little next level and am trying to work more on the presentation of the project. My building methods are still pretty old skool compared to most of you but I plan to slowly but surely join the 3D printing and custom pcb designing.

Ok enough talk here I present to you my first completed project at my new location.... The Forever64.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I did a miniature N64 a long time ago but the buyer wanted to retain the cartridge slot. However this time round the buyer had an Everdrive 64 which he wanted to have built in. I challenged myself to make it as small as possible while still retaining the original look and feel.

If you remove the original controller ports it can be made even smaller but I think style trumps size in this case.

I'll be posting weekly updates through Facebook and Instagram @LOCtroviser and on youtube every few weeks when serious progress is made. Of course I will share things here as well and hope to show you some cool projects I have coming up.

Update: Some internal pics of the project. Sadly I didn't take any from the final moments but you get an idea of what placement I used t get everything to fit.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018 at 10:10 AM
    Predue89, Paul3854, JacksonS and 12 others like this.
  2. Aurelio The Fixer ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ Staff Member . . . .

Portables:
    Very nice, looks almost OEM

3. Shank Certified Wiitard Staff Member . .

Portables:
    Hey, long time no see Zenloc! Glad to see you are back on the map. I love this project. It looks so clean and official. Got any internal or progress pics? I'd love to see how it came together

E64 likes this.
  4. LOCtroviser .

Thanks guys. I've updated my post with a few internal pics I shot. Sadly I didn't take any at the final moments but with future projects I will be more extensive with documenting the process.

5. Pacal .

Portables:
    RDP 64
    This is a really cool 64 man,I love it!!

6. jefflongo Broke BitBuilt .

Portables:
    I love this! It looks extremely professional inside and out.

7. Madmorda Painting Queen Staff Member . . .

Portables:
    Ooooooh that's beautiful. That's amazing work! :D

8. fibbef Wizardry V Completer .

Portables:
    That’s simply adorable! Love it!

9. LOCtroviser .