BitBuilt's First Building Competition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noah

retired
Portables
Awesome!

We discussed pushing the deadline back to about the end of July or August to give people who are in high school a chance so that they have a decent amount of time to build.

If you are going to have a later deadline I see it as much better to organise before the compo starts than to extend it once the compo's got going.
If it allows more people to join and complete entries I think it's a good thing, but when compo's get extended coming up to the deadline it's kind of unprofessional and less fair.
Always best to have everything straightened out before the get go.
(My two cents)

Noah

retired
Portables
If you are going to have a later deadline I see it as much better to organise before the compo starts than to extend it once the compo's got going.
If it allows more people to join and complete entries I think it's a good thing, but when compo's get extended coming up to the deadline it's kind of unprofessional and less fair.
Always best to have everything straightened out before the get go.
(My two cents)
Yeah, we're finalizing the plans now.

A new write up with more info is going out early next week before registration opens with all of the info that'll be needed.

Awesome, can't wait!
It's great you guys are putting the effort in to build a community and keep the scene active.
Thanks!

Doom

Modelrater
Estmemed Member
Portables
Always 1/2
I'm nosy and want to know what everyone is going to build. I'm probably doing either a 3D Printed SNES portable or a C64 on a chip portable in a modem case.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
I'm nosy and want to know what everyone is going to build. I'm probably doing either a 3D Printed SNES portable or a C64 on a chip portable in a modem case.
I'm probably going for a 3D printed GCp :)

Smudge

I just made an account just to enter! I've just started dismantling my GC and ordering parts to make a portable. I don't expect to even compare to the talent here, but I want to enter anyway. The theme of my portable will be not compromising any of the original GC functionality. Good luck to all those who will actually have something special to show off when it comes time to judge!

Last edited:

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
Is it gonna have a gameboy player? That's what I wanna know.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
I just made an account just to enter! I've just started dismantling my GC and ordering parts to make a portable. I don't expect to even compare to the talent here, but I want to enter anyway. The theme of my portable will be not compromising any of the original GC function. Good luck to all those who will actually have something special to show off when it comes time to judge!
Welcome aboard! We all have our start somewhere :P
It'll definitely be interesting to see a portable with all the functionality in tact, can't wait

Smudge

Ideally, it'll still be able to accept 4 controllers (including an on board controller), connect to a TV (as well as an internal screen), connect to an external disc reader (as well as an internal Wasp Fusion)... I hadn't thought about the GameBoy player though. I'll see what I can do!

Noah

retired
Portables
Updated the first post with some new info and an outline of the schedule. Registration has been opened as well.

Have prizes been decided on and whatnot? Very curious to see how this plays out.

Noah

retired
Portables
Have prizes been decided on and whatnot? Very curious to see how this plays out.
Prizes are still being worked out. We're trying to find a happy medium. We understand that not everyone is a gamer, not everyone wants tools, etc.

What are some things you guys would like to see?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Prizes are still being worked out. We're trying to find a happy medium. We understand that not everyone is a gamer, not everyone wants tools, etc.

What are some things you guys would like to see?
I think that everyone here would be happy to get stuff to work on portables (tools, components, boards or whatever).

Doom

Modelrater
Estmemed Member
Portables
Always 1/2
I want a puppy.

Status
Not open for further replies.