Worklog Noah's Wiiner

Noah

retired
Portables
No video. Mind you I didn't do the U10 relocation the usual way. Since I was going to relocate the MX anyways I ended up keeping it on the board alongside the MX and wiring it from there.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Have you done anything about the wifi or bluetooth?
Also what do you mean by "not the usual way"?

Noah

retired
Portables
No WiFi wads are installed and the board was booting fine before trimming without the bluetooth module or the WiFi module present.

I didn't put U10 where U5 normally goes. It's still on the portion of the board I cut out with the MX chip.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Alright, check if the U10 is powered correctly and check that you get 3.3v on its output

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
That shouldn't cause an issue, though you'll want to make sure to bridge the 3.3v and 3.3v standby lines on that board snippit you have.

Shank

Staff member
Portables
Don't forget to double check your resistance to ground with your multimemer and sand thoroughly, guys! Even though it was working, Noah found and fixed a layer short that could have reduced battery life. Double check those 1v and 1.15v lines, even if everything works!

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
ladies and gentlemen, the leader of the portablizing revolution

Hmm, tinkered today to no avail. The Wii is still not booting. I'll probably try swapping the resistors from the regulators later and see if I can get some different voltages to come from them.

Right now I'm getting as follows:
3.23V
1.105V
0.956V
5.02V

I'm going to assume the voltages are too low for the Wii to boot but I'll have to wait until later to find that out.
i figured the best way to test it before messing with regs is to simply jumper the voltages off another wii.

Noah

retired
Portables
One problem solved, another arises. USB no longer works. I have relocated the data lines to the vias on the top of the board that go to the CPU yet the drive does not initialize. However, when wired up to the other port, the drive does boot up. Too bad since the that's not the port that PortablizeMii boots off of.

Any ideas? I have made sure that the wires are secure and that there is continuity. I have also made sure that the drive is receiving 5V and grounded.