Worklog Noah's Wiiner

Noah

retired
Portables
Hello all today am going to show you my Wiiner :sexualfelix:

(P.S. it's actually purple like a plum. Camera doesn't do the color justice.)
Case was printed by Gman <3. I have most of the parts I need with the exception of a controller and batteries. I'll also need to get the components to wire up the 8080808080808080s so that they output the correct voltages. I'm working on a commission alongside this one so progress might be a bit slower because of that. More to come soon!

Noah

retired
Portables
Not much yet in terms of progress. I've been familiarizing myself with PortablizeMii while I wait for the rest of the parts to get in. Once my PTH08080s arrive I can wire those up and trim!

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Yes you can trim that section a little more. Be careful not to cut the NAND or the traces or you'll be in for some good fun of tiny soldering

Btw, I used 3 regulators in this. The 3.3v regulator is by the USB port hidden. I used an AMS117 for 5v.

Noah

retired
Portables
Anyone know the minimum voltages it takes for the Wii to boot? I don't have the exact resistors to get the exact voltages and am wondering how close is good enough.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
It's better to overshoot than under, because load on the regs will drop the voltage more.

Noah

retired
Portables
Cool, I'll swap out the resistors. Also, does anyone know if most USB drives light up if they receive voltage? I'm getting 5V02 out of my reg and it's grounded but no lights are coming on.

Yes you can trim that section a little more. Be careful not to cut the NAND or the traces or you'll be in for some good fun of tiny soldering

Btw, I used 3 regulators in this. The 3.3v regulator is by the USB port hidden. I used an AMS117 for 5v.

from the looks of it, you didn't have to do any additional rewiring for removing that section?

Noah

retired
Portables
Hmm, tinkered today to no avail. The Wii is still not booting. I'll probably try swapping the resistors from the regulators later and see if I can get some different voltages to come from them.

Right now I'm getting as follows:
3.23V
1.105V
0.956V
5.02V

I'm going to assume the voltages are too low for the Wii to boot but I'll have to wait until later to find that out.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Hmmm they should be good. Do you get no video at all or black screen?