Question rip me im tilted

Saix

Man it's always something I swear. Well, here's the story. I was wiring up memory card ports to my trim everything went smooth cool cool. I plugged my flash drive (128 gb lexar tiny one) into my pc and started to transfer a cube game onto it. Gets 70% of the way through and then my pc tells me something about it not being able to find the original file and it couldn't continue, I don't quite remember. So I unplugged my drive and plugged it back in and now windows cant recognize the drive. It knows something is plugged in it just cant tell that its a flash drive. Also, my other pc doesn't even recognize that something is plugged in at all, so there's something jenky going on here. Anyone else experience this or know whats going on? I tried a couple of things regarding device manager that I thought might fix it but I've had no luck. Thanks in advance

Doom

Modelrater
Estmemed Member
Portables
Always 1/2
:sstrigger:'d

my lexar 128 broke too, trying to load up wii play while I was testing out using candles as a sensor bar.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
yeah you committed the drive ending sin

abandon all hope and get a samsung one

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Try plugging the drive into your PC, type "Computer Management" into your start menu, open it, on the left hand pane go to Storage->Disk Management. If you're lucky, the drive might appear in the top or bottom central panes. If it does show up, you can clear it, re-allocate the drive letter and re-partition it. If it doesn't, you might be up shit creek and should RMA that mayfly.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
I'm serious I basically did the exact same shit to my lexar and spent a week using all sorts of different shit to try to fix it to no avail. As soon as I thought I had done it, it started acting up almost immediately.

Saix

yeah you committed the drive ending sin

abandon all hope and get a samsung one
That's what I ended up doing. Went to Fry's and got one but I forgot to price match it to Amazon
Try plugging the drive into your PC, type "Computer Management" into your start menu, open it, on the left hand pane go to Storage->Disk Management. If you're lucky, the drive might appear in the top or bottom central panes. If it does show up, you can clear it, re-allocate the drive letter and re-partition it. If it doesn't, you might be up shit creek and should RMA that mayfly.
Note taken, I'm in Cass right now (fixing a flash drive is obviously more important) but I'll try that when I get home!
I'm serious I basically did the exact same shit to my lexar and spent a week using all sorts of different shit to try to fix it to no avail. As soon as I thought I had done it, it started acting up almost immediately.
Lol, I started a curse. My condolences to your drive. Honestly maybe it's a fault of the drive if so many people are having issues with it. Haven't had any issues with the Samsung yet so fingers crossed

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
Nah this happened to me months and months ago, like in March or something. The drives are known to suck.

Saix

Nah this happened to me months and months ago, like in March or something. The drives are known to suck.
I'll admit I miss the light on the lexar, but the build quality of the Samsung is much nicer

Shank

Staff member
Portables
My lexar hasn't crapped out on me yet, but mine seems to be the exception and not the norm. The lexar and samsung are the only ones known to work with all of portablizemii, but we stopped recommending the Lexars once so many people started having problems with them. Anyone who is looking to build a portable that USB loads should use a Samsung drive, and NOT the lexar drive that used to be recommended.