Question regulators

I was wondering where I can get a regulator to down the voltage to 12v from an input of 17v.
does the wii have built-in regulators that can handle such a high voltage? (I still need a 12v regulator to power the screen so even if the wii can handle that I would still needs links to a regulator)
the reason for this is because I want to power the wii off of 4 18650 batteries

also first post on the website

Shank

Staff member
Portables
The Wii has internal regulators and should handle 17v no problem. Your screen probably has regulators as well.

Portables
Lol!
I was wondering where I can get a regulator to down the voltage to 12v from an input of 17v.
does the wii have built-in regulators that can handle such a high voltage? (I still need a 12v regulator to power the screen so even if the wii can handle that I would still needs links to a regulator)
the reason for this is because I want to power the wii off of 4 18650 batteries

also first post on the website
Welcome, @Knuckles The Echidna!

The Wii has internal regulators and should handle 17v no problem. Your screen probably has regulators as well.
but the screen is an internal tft from a portable dvd player, I doubt it has anything like that
I will be using a controller board for the tft so it there are regulators anywhere it'll be on that board but I don't know what they look like so I don't know if it has any
also thanks for the info, I just wanted to make sure I didn't ruin my wii