Worklog PS2p: 3 years Hiatus... Comeback!

You know I've still got one of RDC's PS2miniDS2 boards, I'd be happy to send it to you if you want it

Sorry that was probably too subtle lol, what I meant is that its on me, just send me a PM telling me where to send it

cfc_12

Portables
guys, what type of switch is this?

and why is there a 3rd analog?
buttons front.png

Portables
What are you talking about? Those are rubber tactile switches (which are in gmans portable parts list)

The taller ones are just standard tactile/momentary switches. No idea what that stick is or what it's from.

fibbef

Wizardry V Completer
Are you sure that's a 3rd analog? Or just another tact with an extra large footprint? Because I'm pretty sure I have a tact like that in my parts bin.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
guys, what type of switch is this?

and why is there a 3rd analog?
View attachment 3071
That big square tact switch with black rims on the bottom left is just a normal square head push button tact, it's designed to have a coloured head stuck on it. 4 way tact switches have 2 sides with 3 pins each, that one has only two pins on the exposed side.

If this doesn't answer your question, could you be more specific? I only see two analog sticks, the rest are all different kinds of momentary tact switches.

cfc_12

Portables
Based on your comments, i did google it. I think it's a 4 way tact switch, yet I still don't understand it's purpose since we already have triangle, square, circle, x and d-pad

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
Based on your comments, i did google it. I think it's a 4 way tact switch, yet I still don't understand it's purpose since we already have triangle, square, circle, x and d-pad
Odds are that it wasn't for the controller. Most people put in buttons to control their screen or sound.

Finally got the case, battery & battery charger.

I'm about to start...View attachment 3233
Nice to see another Filipino on the portablizing scene. Always wanted to make one with the ps2 (lahat naman kc ng classics nandito eh), but switched to the gamecube when i knew it was better documented. Nevertheless, i am very excited to see your progress with your portable fam! Keep going! :D:D:D

Portables
What is the difference if it says

Power Supply: 12V DC

&

Power Supply: DC 6v - 36v

I'm a bit confused if this screen will work for my portable.

http://www.lazada.com.ph/5-inch-tft...y-020310000000.0.0.hzKTDD&ff=1&sc=MdEC&rb=721
First means it takes 12v to power (give or take a little)

Second means you can power it with as little as 6v and at most 36v

That screen might work if you have at least 12v coming out of the battery pack but I'm pretty sure I've only seen you mention 7.4v total which won't be enough.

cfc_12

Portables
Personally, I wouldn't use a PS1 screen. They used to be super common and really good for portables, but now they're ~ $80 bucks on eBay. I personally used this screen, and I like it because of the quality and the fact that it can run off of any voltage between 5 and 12.
dude are you sure that will work on portables?

then why is this written in specifications?

Power Supply (Typ) 12V

First means it takes 12v to power (give or take a little)

Second means you can power it with as little as 6v and at most 36v

That screen might work if you have at least 12v coming out of the battery pack but I'm pretty sure I've only seen you mention 7.4v total which won't be enough.
so does this mean that you're suggesting me not to buy this screen?

Dude, use the edit button. Double and triple posting is not cool.

Some screens, although it says 12v, can run off many different voltage levels. It is just a matter of testing what different voltages a screen can run off of.
what screen would you recommend me then? does all tft lcd screen says that its power supply is dc12v?

Last edited:
Dude, use the edit button. Double and triple posting is not cool.

Some screens, although it says 12v, can run off many different voltage levels. It is just a matter of testing what different voltages a screen can run off of.