Worklog PS Que?

Pacal

Portables
RDP 64
hi everyone I here with another project,is gonna be my first ps2 portable and I still don’t know how I’m going to call it but I’ll think about it later.

List
-ps2 79001
-5 inch screen with VGA out
-2 18650 Li-ion battery
-usb (from the ps2)
-psp buttons and D pad
-red charging board
-2 20mm speakers
-ps2 GameStop controller
-ps4 joysticks from a broken controller
-audio amp with volume control
-40x10mm 5v fan
-Low battery indicator

This is all the things I have right now I don’t know if I missing something else but for now this is all I have.

I been working on my case all week and I think Im really close to finish it I just need to add a couple more this and I’m done,here are some pictures
PS2 Portable.jpg

derecho.jpg

atras.jpg

arriva.jpg

so im doing the button of the case like the LYNX Atari with the batteries
abajo.jpg

right now im printing the case is my first test and i hope the last one :D
ok this is all for now i have to go back to work on it.

Last edited:

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Stunning! I might remind you that the vga is interlaced so having a vga out might not be all that useful.

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
So YPbPr is the best solution for video?
Unless you can get a screen that will work with ypbpr which I am not aware of any 4:3 ones that do. You could still do vga out but it might not work with whatever you are trying to display it on.

Pacal

Portables
RDP 64
Unless you can get a screen that will work with ypbpr which I am not aware of any 4:3 ones that do. You could still do vga out but it might not work with whatever you are trying to display it on.
This is the board of the screen that I’m using
586E6275-6F0D-44D5-96EB-1F50E012399F.jpeg

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
This is the board of the screen that I’m using
View attachment 6404
I think I have that same screen although I am not sure if it is actually compatible with YPbPr even though it mentions that on the silkscreen. The Eyoyo 5" does work with that video format so that could be an option too.

Shank

Staff member
Portables
I second what gman has said on the display driver board. Those chips are CAPABLE of accepting YPbPr video, but next to none of them are actually programmed to do so. Those markings on the silkscreen is where you would wire them if the screen was programmed to accept it. Probably designed this way so if a company wanted a "small" batch of 5,000 or so, they wouldn't have to redo the design, just the code.

The case is super slick. I like it a lot. Have you worked out the cooling yet?

Pacal

Portables
RDP 64
What Psp buttons and dpad are you using ?.
They are from 3000 psp series

The case is super slick. I like it a lot. Have you worked out the cooling yet?
I haven’t,I thinking to add some air vents on the back of the case but also on top I’m just waiting for my fan to arrive,I was thinking to use the fan from the ps2 but is too noisy

Portables
Im planning on using some to. How are you going to adjust since the o button is shorter than the other ones and a bit slanted? And also what are the dimensions of your case thanks.

Attachments

Pacal

Portables
RDP 64
Im planning on using some to. How are you going to adjust since the o button is shorter than the other ones and a bit slanted? And also what are the dimensions of your case thanks.
I don’t think I have to adjust anything the buttons look fine in my case,maybe the square button is bigger but it feels good.
This are the dimensions 187x118x39

And since I don’t want to put double post here’s more pictures of my ps2
I trimmed my board and on the first try it worked
60F1ACC4-44AB-40F9-B2C1-DE26AF9A8FE1.jpeg

This is not the screen I’m using it was just to test the board
And here’s my case,is not the final is just a test I’m still working on it.
B528FD47-4FAD-4FB9-BC71-689E8F337530.jpeg

Ignore the broken cap of the joystick I have one replacement coming
AB527534-ADAA-4197-8B31-ED4EC31A19D2.jpeg

A00D6C7E-80DF-4F04-82E9-D46842F1484A.jpeg

I’m working on the air vents right now and a few more things that i forgot to put.
This is all for now

Shank

Staff member
Portables
I would flip the motherboard and have the fan blow out the back. Without a defined and sealed intake and exhaust, it doesn't matter how much air you are moving, because it'll all just build up inside the case. The way it is setup now of the cooling right in the middle, it looks like having a clear intake and exhaust will be very difficult to integrate.

Pacal

Portables
RDP 64
I thought the same thing about the board so I went back to see if I could do something about it before flipping it so I made some air vents on top and I put the logo on the back,now I think the air will flow better from the back to the front of the case because once it hits the front of the screen the air will be go up and out.
here's how it looks now
top.jpg

back.jpg

Trozze

Very nice layout of the different boards! I like that you use screws instead of gluing the parts into place :D

Pacal

Portables
RDP 64
Update
it's been a long time since i posted something ,i just been very busy at work but i'm still working on this.
so i just finish printing my final case and i connected my new screen to the ps2 board but the image is all green,i don't know what's the problem, here are some pictures

here's the case
IMG_1026.JPG

IMG_1027.JPG

IMG_1028.JPG

this is how the image it looks
IMG_1024.JPG

i want to fix this before i continued working on the case,does anybody have any idea how to fix this?

MRKane

2021 3rd Place Winner
I've seen that before with our video gear at work, it turned out to be a faulty connection on one of the channels which we traced back to issues with one of the caps, except in our case we lost the green channel. Odds down it's not that issue, but I figure that any hint could help!

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Update
it's been a long time since i posted something ,i just been very busy at work but i'm still working on this.
so i just finish printing my final case and i connected my new screen to the ps2 board but the image is all green,i don't know what's the problem, here are some pictures

here's the case
View attachment 7633
View attachment 7634
View attachment 7635
this is how the image it looks
View attachment 7637
i want to fix this before i continued working on the case,does anybody have any idea how to fix this?
Looking good! Try changing the ps2 video setting from ypbpr to rgb in the system menu