Worklog My first wii "portable" - Tabletopmii

Does anyone have any idea how to hook this screen to a 5v?

Also my PTH08080WAD's came in the mail today

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have any idea how to hook this screen to a 5v?
I don't offhand, but there have been similar conversions on other threads. If you can find one, you might be able to figure it out from there or ask a targeted question of the user who figured it out. (Targeted questions like this are generally discouraged, but I think that it would be okay in this instance.)

Just tack an @<relevant user> on the end of your question ITT.

BocuD

Portables
I'm 99% sure that its easy to make this screen run at either 5v or 3.3v. But ill need some extra information:
IMG_20180215_181717.jpg

I need a close up image of just the board, so only the purple part. Then ill need the names of the white and yellow ic's. I also need that and a close up picture of the blue one.

IMG_20180219_111459.jpg

Blue is AMT630A G173100035
Yellow is MX 25D40BTIG
White is Techcode TD1519A F8745312

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
how do i measure a single pin
With your multimeter set to read voltage and the screen turned on, place the red probe on that pin and the black pin on ground (where the black wire is coming into the board). Just be careful not to accidentally touch two of the pins together.

With your multimeter set to read voltage and the screen turned on, place the red probe on that pin and the black pin on ground (where the black wire is coming into the board). Just be careful not to accidentally touch two of the pins together.
it says 0.05, multimeter is at 9v rn

welp screen short circuited.
i'm gonna take a break from this project, i'll come back to it later.
i've clearly underestimated what goes into making one of these

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
welp screen short circuited.
i'm gonna take a break from this project, i'll come back to it later.
i've clearly underestimated what goes into making one of these
Sorry to hear that, you really have to be careful when sticking a metal probe on a device that's turned on. It happens to the best of us. Hopefully it doesn't deter you too much, I'm sure you'll make something great very soon!

Portables
On the other side of the board is a 3.3v pad, between the board and the screen. Try the 3.3v on the back before quitting, i think it bypasses the onboard regulators.

If yours is dead and you're in the UK, you can have mine (has a barrel jack fitted to 3.3v atm)