My aliexpress shop

Hello everyone, this is my AliExpress store, which has various parts that everyone needs to make Wii PS2 handheld devices, including shell screen controllers, power systems, and more.
If necessary, I can also customize a specialized PCB or industrial grade printing case, or even open a mold. If you are interested, please contact me and I will reply to any good ideas you can think of.

微信截图_20230823105739.png

微信图片_20230806143710.jpg

微信图片_20230822144515.jpg

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
That single IC houses the entire functionality of the GC+ 2.0? Does it work correctly with LRA motors?

That single IC houses the entire functionality of the GC+ 2.0? Does it work correctly with LRA motors?
The chip it uses is PIC18F25K42. If a customized dedicated PCB is wired to DRV2603, the LRA motor will work. Due to my urgent need to release the product, I cannot customize the PCB in time. I will update it in the future.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Are you going to sell unmodified injection moulded Ashida shells? Many people here (myself included) would be very interested in being able to buy the shells rather than having them 3D printed

Nice profile picture! As for the store it’s always good to have options but 4LayerTech already covers all the ground for high quality custom PCBs.

A Stitches said, what we currently lack of are injection molded shells. Many people here would also be interested in injection molded Gboy shells. Would that be possible for you? What would you need for any injection molded shell to be made?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Nice profile picture! As for the store it’s always good to have options but 4LayerTech already covers all the ground for high quality custom PCBs.

A Stitches said, what we currently lack of are injection molded shells. Many people here would also be interested in injection molded Gboy shells. Would that be possible for you? What would you need for any injection molded shell to be made?
Holy shit yes! Injection moulded shells using Dustin's 4layertech compatible Rev4U files would be in quite high demand

Are you going to sell unmodified injection moulded Ashida shells? Many people here (myself included) would be very interested in being able to buy the shells rather than having them 3D printed
Actually, I have been considering making ashida and g-boy molds. But I am not sure about its sales volume. If there is an order for 50-100 people, I will immediately start making molds and be able to quickly recover costs. At present, I have only made the back shell of the wiiu for making portable PS2
微信图片_20230820132510.jpg
微信图片_20230820132507.jpg
微信图片_20230820132506.jpg

I'd probably buy one immediately if you started selling them. About what price would they be though?

I'd probably buy one immediately if you started selling them. About what price would they be though?
Oh, friend, your question is very difficult. I find it difficult to speculate on its price. The price for making molds is usually between 10000 and 20000 US dollars, and I need to sell a lot to recover the investment cost. If I say it sells for $50- $100, would you think it's very expensive?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Oh, friend, your question is very difficult. I find it difficult to speculate on its price. The price for making molds is usually between 10000 and 20000 US dollars, and I need to sell a lot to recover the investment cost. If I say it sells for $50- $100, would you think it's very expensive?
That's cheaper than an SLS printed shell, so I'd say it's pretty reasonable for small batch moulding

That's cheaper than an SLS printed shell, so I'd say it's pretty reasonable for small batch moulding
Oh, really? Okay, I will inquire about the mold. I have made many modifications to the internal structure of ashida, and I would like to know what everyone needs.

For the Gboy as well maybe we can help decide on a shell based on Dustin’s design but with a few modifications: add volume wheel, have a power switch, add a navigation switch for the lcd and add the ability to have a glass lens?

Shank

Staff member
Portables
So let's put aside the fact that you are using designs open sourced by the community members to compete with said community members, with no improvements or contributions. While the license does not prohibit it, it certainly isn't in the spirit of open source.

You also seemed to feel the need to copy and paste our product descriptions nearly word for word (including the buggy line gaps within shopify), even though the products you are selling are not the same. Many of the product claims you make are not true.

Your GC+ (many untrue claims)
0aJDLTY.png

Our GC+ Description
JiBUvRH.png

Your screen description
gj6bmka.png

Our screen description
P0CQuOx.png

Your PMS-1 description (completely untrue)

ytr8XAO.png

PMS1 does not have any configuration or integration with RVLoader. It also has many fatal flaws, including a nasty parasitic draw bug that makes a portable unusable if left unused for a prolonged period of time. While off, it continues to slowly drain the cells until the voltage is so low the chips can no longer function, preventing them from being charged again. It will continue to pull power even after that to the point where the cells are damaged by being drained. To turn the portable on, the cells must be removed and manually charged with a lithium charger (assuming the cells are still good) or replaced.

Our PMS Lite description
jdfEVIC.png

Competition is good, but all parties should play fair. You should develop your own products or at least improve upon open source designs rather than simply pumping out what already exists. You should also create your own supplementary documentation rather than stealing it from others.

For anyone wondering why the current line of 4Layer boards aren't open source, this is why. We didn't want to be run out of business by others using our generosity against us.

So let's put aside the fact that you are using designs open sourced by the community members to compete with said community members, with no improvements or contributions. While the license does not prohibit it, it certainly isn't in the spirit of open source.

You also seemed to feel the need to copy and paste our product descriptions nearly word for word (including the buggy line gaps within shopify), even though the products you are selling are not the same. Many of the product claims you make are not true.

Your GC+ (many untrue claims)
View attachment 29485

Our GC+ Description
View attachment 29486

Your screen description
View attachment 29487

Our screen description
View attachment 29488

Your PMS-1 description (completely untrue)

View attachment 29489
PMS1 does not have any configuration or integration with RVLoader. It also has many fatal flaws, including a nasty parasitic draw bug that makes a portable unusable if left unused for a prolonged period of time. While off, it continues to slowly drain the cells until the voltage is so low the chips can no longer function, preventing them from being charged again. It will continue to pull power even after that to the point where the cells are damaged by being drained. To turn the portable on, the cells must be removed and manually charged with a lithium charger (assuming the cells are still good) or replaced.

Our PMS Lite description
View attachment 29490

Competition is good, but all parties should play fair. You should develop your own products or at least improve upon open source designs rather than simply pumping out what already exists. You should also create your own supplementary documentation rather than stealing it from others.

For anyone wondering why the current line of 4Layer boards aren't open source, this is why. We didn't want to be run out of business by others using our generosity against us.
Thank you for pointing out the issue. I will modify the description. If I appear, it will steal most people's business, and I will not appear again.

Shank

Staff member
Portables
I personally do not want you to disappear from the community. You seem very skilled, and knowledgeable. I feel like you have much to offer and contribute. Your PS2 case is very cool and very creative. We want you to make and sell your own new and creative products that you designed. Selling the designs of other people is not the best path forward. I am confident in your ability to make cool new things and innovate.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Thank you for pointing out the issue. I will modify the description. If I appear, it will steal most people's business, and I will not appear again.
Having more options for boards and parts isn't a bad thing, so long as the product is good and not just a clone. We just want to ensure that people aren't being misled, or sold outdated products that could be confused with up-to-date products. The reason being that it will end up becoming our problem when people post saying that their brand new RVL-PMS is dead, and then posting a photo of a PMS-1.

It would have been preferable for you to have asked around about this kind of thing before jumping right into selling them, but ultimately having more options is better for consumers, and your ability to source things like moulds and pre-built systems is of great value to the community. We don't want you to go, we just want you to tweak a few things to prevent confusion and ensure that customers know exactly what they're buying. I'm sure that your store can be of great service, and if your product is confirmed good by the community then we have no problems with adding your store to the recommended list.

There's nothing wrong with a bit of competition when everything is above board.