Worklog Cheese's Wii portable

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Haven't worked on this in a while :blush:
Cut myself a heatsink today, and let it run. It didn't overheat, so I'm probably gonna use this in my build.

FGV77nC.jpg

84IE44F.jpg nd3WlUo.jpg

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
AWFUL.

START OVER

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
I've always liked Wii U gamepad portables! Good luck with your project! :)

Axman

Same to you!
It's gonna be a first of it's kind, I don't plan on putting a spacer in it, and AFAIK nobody else has done that yet. I will admit, it's gonna be a squeeze to get it all in tho :p
Very excited to see this! What screen are you using?

Shank

Staff member
Portables
How did you cut the heatsink? It came out great!

I forgot all about Wii U gamepad shells. This has potential to look very professional. Looking forward to this project.

cheese

Staff member
How did you cut the heatsink? It came out great!
Cut with a dremel, the same bit I used to cut a motherboard. Then sand it a lot, I used 60-150-220 grit until it was smooth to the touch. Probably don't need to, but I finished it off with some steel wool.

I forgot all about Wii U gamepad shells. This has potential to look very professional. Looking forward to this project.
I've had this shell for over a year now, I just worked on it off and on. My goal was to make it look as stock as possible, but have a Wii inside instead of a normal gamepad. That includes reusing the buttons, speakers, joysticks, etc. The only thing I don't like about it is that the screen on the stock device has a thin plastic bezel glued onto the touch part, but my shell didn't come with it, and I can't find anyone who sells them. I plan on painting the metal shell black, and putting a gloss coat over it to hide it.

cheese

Staff member
Couple other projects got in the way, started it back up and then powered the custom regs with too much voltage, not sure if the boards fried or not, but 99% sure not gonna reach the deadline ,-,

Good luck to everyone else, I'll be in the back doing portablizemii support :P