Discussion BitBuilt community gaming servers

Which servers would you play on?

• World of Warcraft Cata / Mists / WoD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Habbo Beta / r63 (Flash Player)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hey there guys, me and Noah were talking about the possibility of other BitBuilt specific game servers to launch after the MineCraft server goes up. So this poll is to gauge interest for what server (or servers) we should be launching next.

Try to cast one vote per game depending on what versions you like best. If you want a specific version of one of the options put your preferred copy in the comments (ex. WoTLK).

It would be nice to have diversity in what games we play together but we need to make sure the servers will get used, so cast your votes and lets see where your interests lie! Thanks guys, we'll decide based on the results after a few days. And there will have a quick return between a decision being made and a server being made live to the public.

P.S. if you want to suggest other game servers I can add them to the poll! As long as it's within my ability to setup and maintain.

Doom

Modelrater
Estmemed Member
Portables
Always 1/2
Nows the time where I address my shame and admit I used to play habbo :/

Shank

Staff member
Portables
Its been a long time since I've played runescape. What's the difference between the different versions? Just different years in runescape's history?

As for Minecraft, my vote goes to vanilla.

What's the difference between the different versions?
Yeah think of the 3 different versions of Runescape as different asset qualities. From smallest to largest is the quality of the graphics. Although the top two are pretty comparable.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
If we go a custom minecraft pack I wrote a launcher/mod manager a while back that we could use to have a one click download like technic launcher

I also wouldn't mind managing/updating as needed, I just wouldn't be able to host, my Internet can't handle mod servers, I tried and it died.

I'd be happy to work on that with you, at least for the server side stuff.

Let's try to get a few more votes in so we can make a decision this weekend

Prog

If you're keeping the SS maps for Minecraft, I suggest you load WorldGuard and its old configuration, Multiverse's old configuration, and some derivative of the old permissions configuration, and then roll back the maps, as without WorldGuard a bunch of shit catches on fire.
And again, I think I have backups of everything if you need anything.

Last edited:
Good to hear from you prog! SS has all the old maps and what now, I'll talk to him...

Prog

To my knowledge Noah is prepping a BB MC server with SS's maps. That's what I was referring to, as I had a look around it and saw shit burning and stuff.

Yeah he has that setup I think, this thread is for seeing what other servers we can populate.

I'm not the gamer I used to be, but I would be down for vanilla minecraft when the server goes up.