Worklog Aurelio's unnamed Wii Portable

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Yeah mine's nothing fancy either but it's been very reliable. I got a new one at the beginning of the summer and haven't had a single print fail yet. I printed mine at .3mm layer height, doesn't seem worth it to go smaller for a basic design, just adds a lot of print time.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Yeah mine's nothing fancy either but it's been very reliable. I got a new one at the beginning of the summer and haven't had a single print fail yet. I printed mine at .3mm layer height, doesn't seem worth it to go smaller for a basic design, just adds a lot of print time.
Oh yeah but my extruder has a nozzle diameter of only 0.3mm, so I can't do prints with layers higher than 0.2mm

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
Good lord that is an early version of postLoader

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Yeah it's like one month old and I still have to connect the controller so I can't update :P

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
I dunno, I think it's over a month, 'cause it's been forever since I separated out the _PM part

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
The Piizza (thanks @ShockSlayer) is done! Somehow the BT is not working anymore, probably some loose wire, but for now I'll stick with GC games since they are the ones I'm most interested in.

Few specs:
-3D printed case
-Clamshell design with no wire exposed
-Full GC button layout
-3DS sliders
-Custom GC controller board allowing me to have full scale ranges for the 3DS sliders
-Almost 4 hours of play time
-7" screen with component video input
-Integrated charging circuit with single charging port for both charging and powering the device while charging
-LEDs bar for state of charge indication (also the first one blinks when the charge level is low)
-Custom audio amplifier board with headphone support (correctly amplified) and with digital volume control

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
This is so cool. How does the hinge work exactly, like does it have friction to be able to support any angle?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
This is so cool. How does the hinge work exactly, like does it have friction to be able to support any angle?
Not quite, they have a specific hold position, just like the Nintendo DS/3DS, but they are strong enough to hold the screen also in a laptop way so that it can be used with a wiimote easily (when I'll fix the bluetooth wires), since it also has two IR LEDs above the screen

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Can't deny that I thought about that design while working on this :P

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
What can I say? I love the Piizza.

ShockSlayer

the real