Worklog Piizza 2.0

Shank

Staff member
Portables

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
It'd be more noticeable on bigger screens, shouldn't really be a problem for the small ones we use.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
That also doesn't count for GCVideo, or a custom solution with no analog to cause issues like shown. Even if the AVE isn't as good on the Wii as the GC Component cable, they both still add issues that are solved with not using analog in the first place.

Bakuku

Portables
That also doesn't count for GCVideo, or a custom solution with no analog to cause issues like shown. Even if the AVE isn't as good on the Wii as the GC Component cable, they both still add issues that are solved with not using analog in the first place.
But you can't get a better native resolution than the Cube as the AVE on the Wii displays a lesser quality image. So Cube will always be better even when using GC video as it doesn't upscale!

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
But you can't get a better native resolution than the Cube as the AVE on the Wii displays a lesser quality image. So Cube will always be better even when using GC video as it doesn't upscale!
GCVideo replaces completely the AVE.
Now please lets get back on track on the topic...

View attachment 1540

Doesn't look like much is changed, but almost all of the components under the GPU are in place. Few parts left and it should boot :D
Holy Pig I'm late to this party. I've had dreams of doing something like this for years (for the gamecube specifically but this doesn't matter) but never had the skills to do so. Epic work Aurelio!

I know this is kind of a bump but since you referenced this recently (here) I'm curious if you have a progress update for us.

By doing this you are basically designing a wii from scratch, portable or not. I know you were asked earlier in this thread if you would consider selling these but I would love to see the final designs shared even if you won't sell them. The options with this project are *almost* limitless.

Don't let your memes be dreams my friend.

*edit* I totally messed up the saying lol.

Last edited:

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Holy Pig I'm late to this party. I've had dreams of doing something like this for years (for the gamecube specifically but this doesn't matter) but never had the skills to do so. Epic work Aurelio!

I know this is kind of a bump but since you referenced this recently (here) I'm curious if you have a progress update for us.

By doing this you are basically designing a wii from scratch, portable or not. I know you were asked earlier in this thread if you would consider selling these but I would love to see the final designs shared even if you won't sell them. The options with this project are *almost* limitless.

Let your dreams be memes my friend.
The progress with this has been kinda slow. I've added most of the parts needed for the charging circuit, voltage regulators and fuel gauge. I'm super busy in these months and since this is a big project I'm taking it slowly to make it right.

Also I don't know if I'll ever share or sell this.

The progress with this has been kinda slow. I've added most of the parts needed for the charging circuit, voltage regulators and fuel gauge. I'm super busy in these months and since this is a big project I'm taking it slowly to make it right.

Also I don't know if I'll ever share or sell this.
It's good to take your time and do it right. I understand it's your decision to release the final version and I fully respect that. Even with the limited hardware knowledge I have I understand that this is a huge undertaking. We all know you can do it. Although I can only speak for myself (technically) I'm sure the community will help you with this project wherever needed. Especially since you are one of our best.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
It's good to take your time and do it right. I understand it's your decision to release the final version and I fully respect that. Even with the limited hardware knowledge I have I understand that this is a huge undertaking. We all know you can do it. Although I can only speak for myself (technically) I'm sure the community will help you with this project wherever needed. Especially since you are one of our best.
Well the core of the Wii is completely done. What's missing now is only extra stuff, also for WiiHUD related features.

Last edited:

Matthew

Formally known as Chaos
Portables
The Official Rules of the BitBuilt Forums

2. Don't Bump Old Threads
The only reason you should be bumping old threads is if you have something of value to add. For example, if there is a GameCube video out diagram and you've found a new location to pull video from, by all means, post your findings on the thread. However, if someone has a for sale thread from three years ago, don't bump it! They probably don't even have what they were selling anymore and there is a private message feature for this reason.