Question What's the smallest trim that includes Internet?

Noah

retired
Portables
OMGWTF.

You can relocate the WiFi chip but to be honest there really isn't any point. Sure you can download cover art and watch Netflix but most people would rather do that on a TV or tablet anyways.

kahnu

OMGWTF.

You can relocate the WiFi chip but to be honest there really isn't any point. Sure you can download cover art and watch Netflix but most people would rather do that on a TV or tablet anyways.
phantasy star online for GC and several other online games still running today would like to have a word with you

Noah

retired
Portables
Does Nintendont allow for WiFi to be used as a substitute for the broadband adapter? I haven't looked into it much.

Either way, the WiFi relocation is quite challenging and since wiis are so cheap it might be practical to have a home console with WiFi that supports online play and a portable without.

Shank

Staff member
Portables
Funny this should come up. Found a BBA back at MGC, and I found a SECOND one at a store yesterday. Being the Kirby Air Ride nut I am, I've actually been looking into bba and lan compatibility a bit recently.

Simple answer: You CAN plan PSO and LAN games on wii, BUT NOT EASILY.

Devolution

Devolution actually supports BBA emulation natively. Only problem is devolution, in all its glory, is a little more difficult to work with, especially without a disc drive. Not really an ideal candidate for portables.

Here is a setup guide of how to play PSO on a Wii through Homebrew methods. I believe he uses the built-in wifi of the wii in this tutorial.

Here is a video where someone shows they have Dolphin Emulator connected to Devolution's Emulated LAN on the Wii

This same function can be achieved on a gamecube's real LAN function, as seen here. Its a feature dolphin touts.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
All trims should technically support Wifi, considering the location of the vias, as shown in the Definitive Trimming Guide.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
Well of course, that's what NoWiFi is for. I'm just providing a complete answer to the thread.

kahnu

Funny this should come up. Found a BBA back at MGC, and I found a SECOND one at a store yesterday. Being the Kirby Air Ride nut I am, I've actually been looking into bba and lan compatibility a bit recently.

Simple answer: You CAN plan PSO and LAN games on wii, BUT NOT EASILY.

Devolution

Devolution actually supports BBA emulation natively. Only problem is devolution, in all its glory, is a little more difficult to work with, especially without a disc drive. Not really an ideal candidate for portables.

Here is a setup guide of how to play PSO on a Wii through Homebrew methods. I believe he uses the built-in wifi of the wii in this tutorial.

Here is a video where someone shows they have Dolphin Emulator connected to Devolution's Emulated LAN on the Wii

This same function can be achieved on a gamecube's real LAN function, as seen here. Its a feature dolphin touts.
Kinda not related but if you want to stop by my subreddit /r/KirbyAirRide you're more than welcome. I have a BBA myself.