Question Video Relocation help

Portables
IMG_0576.JPG
IMG_0577.JPG
We'll, once again I've hit a road block. The AV2 still doesn't recieve a signal from the wii! Here are some pictures of the connections. On the second picture the quality isn't good enough to tell if the connections are good, but from my examination the look to be soldered pretty good and accurately.

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
Are you certain that GND is actually going to the right pin? To me, it looks like it's in the wrong one, but that might just be the picture.

Portables
Are you certain that GND is actually going to the right pin? To me, it looks like it's in the wrong one, but that might just be the picture.
Yes, it's definitely going to the right pin. I'll try resoldering it just in case though.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
HOLY WOW DOUBLE TRIPLE POSTS
Also, it looks like there are some shorts between the pins, you may want to practice soldering on something bigger before working on your wii, your soldering looks like mine did when I first started... I would also suggest cutting your wires much closer to the plastic sheath so you have less of a chance of touching your wires to multiple pins.

Portables
Also, it looks like there are some shorts between the pins, you may want to practice soldering on something bigger before working on your wii, your soldering looks like mine did when I first started... I would also suggest cutting your wires much closer to the plastic sheath so you have less of a chance of touching your wires to multiple pins.
Okay, thanks for the tips! I'm okay at soldering, it's just my soldering iron doesn't heat up at the tip so I had to use the side. I'll see if I can get some replacement tips and try again

Portables
Okay so I’m thinking what I’m going to do is buy a new Wii motherboard and try again. The only thing is I’m not sure if the AV pins on the screen’s driver board or the AV pins on the Wii are fried! Is there any way I can find out for sure?

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
Plug video from something else into your screen. If it displays something, then the Wii is what's broken.

Portables
Plug video from something else into your screen. If it displays something, then the Wii is what's broken.
Oh, yeah of course! I feel so dumb lol. Anyways, I tried it and the screen works fine so I guess I’ll be purchasing a new Wii!