Worklog The G-64 worklog

Discussion in 'Nintendo 64' started by Gman, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Nold C L U B C L A M S H E L L Staff Member . .

Portables:
    4 + 1*π
    Nice work mate! Would you mind sharing your Case-Design? I totally love that Card-Tray and would like to print it for my N64p Project.. (My printer isn't big enough for a whole case).

2. GingerOfOz no wario Staff Member . .

Portables:
    Generally, it's poor etiquette to request someone's CAD files. If they want them made available, they make them available. And generally a case is specifically designed for the parts that they're using, and so sharing the files could cause more problems than benefits.

If the slot is the only part you're interested in, I'm sure you could design it yourself! It's just a matter of taking dimensions and making a model that works with those dimensions.

3. Nold C L U B C L A M S H E L L Staff Member . .

Portables:
    4 + 1*π
    I'm sorry if that's so... I'm that kind of Share-Everything-&-Everything-Must-Be-Free-FLOSS-Guy, so I might not have a good feeling/understanding for what people like to share and what not... Now I know how Richard Stallman must have felt in his early days :D

Anyway.. For me it might be easier to take something existing and frankencase it, than learning FreeCAD >.< .. But I might do it... Hope it turns out as nice as your's!

Fruity_Grebbles and GingerOfOz like this.
  4. Pacal .

Portables:
    RDP 64
    Is not hard to learn how to use CAD I've been working on two cases one is for a Nintendo 64 and another one for a Snes i'll be posting some pictures of my work pretty soon

5. JoJo .

This case is sick. Might have to adopt some of its swag for my own case build

6. Gman RTFDS Staff Member . . . . .

It's been a while since I've updated this. I'm still working through the CAD model here and there. I've fine tuned the form factor a little further and also the internal component layout. It's probably ready for a prototype assembly at the least I just don't have enough time for all my projects at the moment.

7. Miceeno .

Portables:
    I dig the case but I think it's missing the handle/prong in the middle.