Soft Tacts

Portables
Hey guys, is there anyone in Canada that could sell me 10 squishy tact switches? My local shop ran out of those and I can't afford to wait for shipping from outside the country...

Shank

Staff member
Portables
I'm not in Canada, (Southern United States) but I stopped by my post office to get some info to see what I could do to help.
I can ship them to you for $23 and they will be there in 6-10 days. I recently bought a lot of 200 tacts, so I have plenty to spare, and will only ask for what it costs to ship them.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
It does not cost $23 to ship 10 tact switches to Canada. I shipped a Wii motherboard in a box for $9. It'll probably be even less if you use a small envelope.

Shank

Staff member
Portables
Express mail was like $45 (3-5 days)
By weight it was $35 (6-10 days)
By Priority flat rate envelope it was $23 (6-10 days)
By regular envelope estimated delivery time was 2 weeks, so I didn't ask.
The guy behind the desk said thats all the options had.

These were the prices quoted to me by USPS for international shipping to canada. I did not check UPS or FedEx.
For future reference, what would have been the best way to ship these to him so I can offer better international rates?

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
Specialty boxes are exorbitant prices and don't necessarily guarantee improved service or shipping time; I've had regular cardboard arrive quick and flat rate take forever.

Put things in a small, non-specialty box/envelope, take it to the clerk and tell them you want the cheapest option. Short of putting it on a freight China-style, it'll likely arrive at about the same time as most of the other options.