Question Should i make my portable emulated or let it have a real motherboard.

AFE123

0x737cfb7b4d5677317210bddc07c6a51a 106e1f45330ee7a
Portables
1ish.
For OPL, it's possible to use a usb controller and MRkane used a joycon styled controller for his ps2 portable. Maybe there's something similar for the wii which can be helpful in you accomplishing your goal. Besides that, you'd have to be JacksonS. Like what Shipyu said, relocating wifi isn't worth it.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
The thing is that i want to play mario kart online, does rvloader allow that?
I don't think so. CTGP-R version 3 (Mario Kart online expansion mod) added checks that require the use of a legit physical disc rather than a patched ISO in an autistic bid to curb the piracy of an abandoned game that you can't buy anymore. Unless there's another method to play the base game online, or a bypass for the CTGP disc verfication, I'm going to say no.

Also as Shipyu said, you'd need to relocate the Wifi module to have multiplayer, and it's a quite a hard relocation even for experienced modders. Very much not recommended for beginners.

Portables
0, working on one
I don't think so. CTGP-R version 3 (Mario Kart online expansion mod) added checks that require the use of a legit physical disc rather than a patched ISO in an autistic bid to curb the piracy of an abandoned game that you can't buy anymore. Unless there's another method to play the base game online, or a bypass for the CTGP disc verfication, I'm going to say no.

Also as Shipyu said, you'd need to relocate the Wifi module to have multiplayer, and it's a quite a hard relocation even for experienced modders. Very much not recommended for beginners.
For OPL, it's possible to use a usb controller and MRkane used a joycon styled controller for his ps2 portable. Maybe there's something similar for the wii which can be helpful in you accomplishing your goal. Besides that, you'd have to be JacksonS. Like what Shipyu said, relocating wifi isn't worth it.
In that case could i just use usb loader gx to load wiimmfi

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
In that case could i just use usb loader gx to load wiimmfi
I don't know if USBLoaderGX will work properly on a trimmed Wii. RVLoader is designed to patch out and bypass many of the system checks the Wii does when running games in order to allow us to trim it down small and not need to perform a dozen annoying relocations. USBLoaderGX has none of that, and has a number of inherent issues that make it an undesirable program for our purposes. If you wanted to make it work, you'd have to relocate the BT module, the Wifi module, the MX Chip, possibly the SDCard slot, and I don't think you would be able to take advantage of things like the VGA patch.

Portables
0, working on one
I don't know if USBLoaderGX will work properly on a trimmed Wii. RVLoader is designed to patch out and bypass many of the system checks the Wii does when running games in order to allow us to trim it down small and not need to perform a dozen annoying relocations. USBLoaderGX has none of that, and has a number of inherent issues that make it an undesirable program for our purposes. If you wanted to make it work, you'd have to relocate the BT module, the Wifi module, the MX Chip, possibly the SDCard slot, and I don't think you would be able to take advantage of things like the VGA patch.
So its not worth going for it?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
So its not worth going for it?
It'd be a lot of effort to find out. Whether that effort is worth it (or even doable) is up to you, but personally I wouldn't. Especially not for a first project, the relocations are just too fiddly.

I recommend sticking to either a standard Wii trim with MX relocation, or using a high powered SBC