Discussion in 'Sony' started by cfc_12, May 14, 2017.
Hey @cfc_12, what controller is that you are using? If you have a link, could you post it?
PS2 got shorted again because of the battery and idk why...
What resistor are you even talking about?
I believe that resistor is for pulling up the common button connection. I don't think changing that will fix your ps2, it is not related.
Do 18650B Panasonic Batteries drain on its own if you won't use it for weeks?
Batteries cannot hold a charge indefinitely, over time they will slowly discharge on their own
But that "over time" is many months to years. Ideally, you should leave the battery almost fully charged if you plan to not use it for a long time.
Why is it that after charging for more than 7 hours
I was able to test if for like less than 20 mins
Then it will just shut down on its own.
Is it because of the battery?
It could be the battery, protection PCB, or charger that's faulty. Can you check the protection PCB's output pads and the individual batteries with a multimeter and post the readings?
Is it ok if I followed the original position of the fan of how Sony designed it?
Does that not affect the battery life?
(the heatsink is under the controller)
I see several red flags in your construction.
1. There is not a good airflow path between fan intake and exhaust. Hot air will fill the portable and melt all the hot glue.
2. You should use epoxy to support the buttons, the hot glue is going to fail. It appears like you used bondo as an epoxy substitute, not good idea either.
3. I see a floating resistor with long leads. You should cover with electric tape to avoid a short.
4. Next time I recommend securing the controller on the top half of the portable. The wires will be shorter and neater. You should atleast support the wire somehow, maybe some adhesive just after the solder joint. The 32awg wire will break off after several times opening and closing the portable.
Separate names with a comma.