Solved Is this a short?

kjc35

Just putting it out there, I did try and put in a CPU-10 board that had never been cut at all with the exception of removing the ports. It was working fine but then I wire it up and this board goes straight on off like the last one. I have no clue what could be happening as even with just power wired to it and absolutely nothing else it was still happening. Maybe too much current from the batteries? Again, the batteries are straight from a setup that was working three days ago...

Shank

Staff member
Portables
On then off means means there is a problem with the onboard regulators. Maybe a short, maybe a voltage line disconnected, maybe a fried component, maybe something else. Whatever it is, the 2901 sees that something is wrong, and shuts everything down. Thats gonna be difficult to solve because:

1: The stock regulators and their behavior, especially on the 6 layer boards, isn't thoroughly documented.
2: We still don't know what the hell is going on with the RVL-CPU-10.

kjc35

I wasn't planning on using that CPU-10 board, but it was odd that that same on then off problem happend to the CPU-40 board until the light wouldn't go on at all