Release Wii native VGA - version 1.5

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Thanks again. I will probably jumper the H and V to the unused D-terminal data lines / solder points on the AV connector. That way there is no problem switching back and forth between vga and official component cables.

Do I need to worry about getting one of the later CPU-40 or CPU-60 consoles for better video output, or does VGA bypass / negate the image quality issue?
I haven't done any quality tests myself, but maybe someone else who tried it can give their opinion.

t
AFAIK you have to use a component (YPbPr) cable to first set the device to 480p, then boot with the composite cable and install the mod.
Thanks!I reinstalled the cheese installer pack then use wii2hdmi and set It to 480P successfully。Now i got my VGA working,But i found a new issue:( ,The VGA image seems like pink,Then i tested the r,g,b 3wires,seems like the green wire Is not working(when the console Is working,i cut one of The r,g,b wires,then the image colour change ,But when i cut green wire ,the image didn't change)The wire and soldering is good,

AlecM7

t
Thanks!I reinstalled the cheese installer pack then use wii2hdmi and set It to 480P successfully。Now i got my VGA working,But i found a new issue:( ,The VGA image seems like pink,Then i tested the r,g,b 3wires,seems like the green wire Is not working(when the console Is working,i cut one of The r,g,b wires,then the image colour change ,But when i cut green wire ,the image didn't change)The wire and soldering is good,
Did you run a ground line? Also it might be an issue with the VGA cable itself that you're using. I would try soldering a new cable to it and seeing if that changes anything. Worst case scenario, I would try another monitor, since the green input line on your monitor might be dead.

Have you installed the stock portablizemii pack before installing this pack?
I thought I just needed only the vga pack to run wii and gamecube games by postloader. I intend to make a wii laptop with vga with the original system menu. Can i do this?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
I thought I just needed only the vga pack to run wii and gamecube games by postloader. I intend to make a wii laptop with vga with the original system menu. Can i do this?
No. The hack will let you boot into the system menu with vga enabled, but if you run games from there they will not work with it.

No. The hack will let you boot into the system menu with vga enabled, but if you run games from there they will not work with it.
So. To run all my games in VGA i have to use the portablizemii anyway?

Do i need a emunand to run gc,wi games or not?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
So. To run all my games in VGA i have to use the portablizemii anyway?

Do i need a emunand to run gc,wi games or not?
You need portablizemii for everything. The emunand is used only for wii games

Hello, I'm attempting this mod and was wondering if bridging here would satisfy step 11 where you're asked to connect 3.3v to the Mode pin?

Portables
sin^2(x) + cos^2(x) +e^(i*pi)
Hello, I'm attempting this mod and was wondering if bridging here would satisfy step 11 where you're asked to connect 3.3v to the Mode pin?
That would work, but if you plan to trim, you'd cut that piece off, here's what I did
upload_2019-1-17_8-46-49.png

just got a wire and connected the via to the component

Not sure if this question belongs here or in a new thread or something but...

Has anyone had issues with this VGA mod with this LCD driver board?

I get a quick flash of a red color when plugging in VGA as if it's detecting a signal and then it acts as if nothing was ever plugged in. Triple checked my wiring and even tried an entirely different model VGA board for a different screen and that one worked fine indicating the mod itself works but this board is not supporting VGA. This board works with composite perfectly so maybe this board is just defective?

BocuD

Portables

I get a quick flash of a red color when plugging in VGA as if it's detecting a signal and then it acts as if nothing was ever plugged in. Triple checked my wiring and even tried an entirely different model VGA board for a different screen and that one worked fine indicating the mod itself works but this board is not supporting VGA. This board works with composite perfectly so maybe this board is just defective?
Double check your H/V sync wiring. I used this board before without issues.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables

I've had a few boards of this type, most worked fine, but one had a similar issue. I was never able to fix it. Only thing I can suggest is to try feeding it VGA from another source to see if it's really borked.

Did you run a ground line? Also it might be an issue with the VGA cable itself that you're using. I would try soldering a new cable to it and seeing if that changes anything. Worst case scenario, I would try another monitor, since the green input line on your monitor might be dead.
Thanks again!I fixed it now,The green pin on the AVE chip was damaged,maybe i breaked It when i soldering them,fortunately i still have a broken wii motherboard,i replaced the ave chip and it's working now

Hey people, I'm having trouble with the VGA mod and I'm stuck for what to troubleshoot and was wondering if anybody has any tips.

So I think my wiring is okay, below in the diagram you can see where I've chosen to wire from (let me know if you think any of this is wrong).

- Wii mobo/model is an NTSCJ rvl cpu-01
- PriiloaderVGA and postloader/portablizeMii are displaying at15khz interlaced (RGB)
- I'm able to get Composite when I flick the switch I have setup between pin 8 and 10
- I believe the sync is wired correctly from the AVE since testing the 15khz RGBHV on a PVM the image is only sync'd when both the H and V lines are attached to my 15khz PVM monitor

- Sometimes I get this 'crazy screen' and putting it into a VGA PC Monitor it doesn't display anything (I'm aware 480p shouldn't display on this PVM and would also produce a 'crazy screen')

Video of said crazy screen:

Here's how the SD card is setup:

- Didn't do anything with SNEEK except extract it from the zip file and place it on the root of the SD card
- Priiloader screen displays the following: c.08.2 (rVGA) IOS v80

Any help would be much appreciated

Are you sure you're running a ground line from any of your video sources to the driver board?
A quick flash of garbled video is exactly what you'd get if you don't have one.
Yes, I have 2 different model boards and the board I posted a picture of doesn't show video when wired to VGA, however wiring the same wires from the wii that didn't work on this board works on my other one just fine meaning the wiring is good but the board is bad. Thank you for your suggestion though! I don't want to hijack this thread so if I have any other questions about this board I will post elsewhere. Thank you guys!

Well. I'm getting this error whem i load the priiloader vga of the pack:

“IOS36 isn’t ES_Identify patched: error -1017.
Press A to exit back to loader…”