Search results

1. Acronell

Worklog GBA SP - Johto Pokedex

Allo! The Project: Modifying a GBA SP to appear as a Generation II Pokédex, while fully maintaining the aesthetic of the Pokédex. Plans Including Potential Inclusions: - A Custom PCB for Triple Cartridge Slots (possibly quadruple) - A custom PCB for button layout (to maintain aesthetic) -...
  2. Acronell

Question GBA SP Ext.2 Accessories?

While doing the planning for my SP project I'm trying to make sure I'm not locking out too much compatibility. Looking to know if anyone has information on accessories that made use of the Ext.2 port of the SP, apart from the charger and audio out adapter. Someone mentioned there were some FM...
  3. Acronell

Discussion Helpful Food Budgeting

Now, first thing in first. This may not always equate to the healthiest food choices. But these will help you maintain food in your home, whether it's just you in a studio, or you sharing a place with friends, or you with your own family. First of all, DO NOT STOCK UP ON CUP OF NOODLE or TOP...
  4. Acronell

Worklog GB Boy Colour

Alright so this will be the full worklog for my workings with the GB Boy Colour. I went out to intentionally get this for this project. The GB Boy is a hardware clone system of the original Gameboy, that is on a board about the same size as the Gameboy Color board. Now the GB Boy itself was a...
  5. Acronell

Question WiiKey/Wasp Boot

I have never used a WiiKey or Wasp myself. When it comes to booting up, I know that Swiss is usually the primary OS/Firmware to use for making everything run nicely. However, are we capable of making the WiiKey/Wasp load something different as an OS/Firmware? Specifically, can we force the...
  6. Acronell

Origin Stories

Tell us oh great one, from whence cometh your name upon this avatar? Simply so, mine is my own name, and it came from whence I was born! Reveal your Origins mighty Legions Of The Bit!
  7. Acronell

When They Doubt

Anyone else ever have the issue where people doubt something basic about you, like your name or ethnicity, or age (within legitimate range)? I seriously have people constantly doubting my name where I work, and apparently thinking that I am far younger than I am :(
  8. Acronell

Question Audio Streaming with a Wii DD

Now we all know that the GameCube has audio streaming in some of it's titles, including some pretty nice games. And we've seen mod pieces that keep audio streaming intact when installing a wasp or WiiKey, here's looking at you Megadrive 4. However the megadrive 4 is inserted between the Mobo...
  9. Acronell

It Bothers Mii A Wii Bit

It may not seem like a big deal to many honestly, but this in something that bothers me quite a bit. Throughout most GameCube Portable project posts. I am constantly seeing at least one post in nearly all of these threads that states how it would be easier to build a Wii portable instead. I...
  10. Acronell

Discussion N64 Clones

I'm sure it's everywhere in other places. So, why do you think it is that we have yet to see an N64 clone console on the market yet? I'm more than certain that we have the ability to build such a device with our current technology.
  11. Acronell

Discussion Wii Powers Itself On

So a few years ago I bought myself a brand spankin' new Family Wii from Gamestop. I had not owned a Wii before this time, and if I could go back, I'd stop myself and smack some sense into the guy behind the counter. I'd make myself get an original Wii, instead of the Family Wii. The clerk...
  12. Acronell

Selling Assorted Items Of Interest

Hello, hello, come one, come all! Below are some items of which I am currently selling as to acquire the currency so as to further other things which I am doing or attempting to obtain for my own. *_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_* T.A.R.D.I.S. Stained Glass Window *_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*...
  13. Acronell

Converting Laptop into Nettop Desktop

Alright, so while I was walking home from work yesterday, I'm walking with Kendra and we're talking about the family bits, her son and his development, my daughter and how she won't stop quoting the Cromulons, and we're getting close to where we split off for me to make my way and her her...
  14. Acronell

Boy Names That Begin With A

Yes, I know it's very random, however this is an interesting thing, as my wife and I have agreed that all of our children will have the same first and last initials. If we are able, we want to make a family tree that spans with AZs all the way down(up?). Anyways, I am looking for names that...
  15. Acronell

The Glory

Does anyone still visit the old sites from the glory days of portablizing? I miss when the BH forums where still alive
  16. Acronell

Discussion The Arte Of Frankencasing!

Oh woe for the days past, and such as I cry tears for the generation before us now! They whom believe only can the cases be printed in the third dimension, or yet be the cases formed by such the vacuum! I think we should be bringing back the tradition of Frankencasing, and bring to the table...
  17. Acronell

Various Adapters/Accessories From Raphnet Technologies

Over at Raphnet, they've got a quaint selection of interesting adapters, connectors, and other bits that interesting, and some of which are actually quite useful! Wii Specific Category - Raphnet Technologies Wii They have SNES to Wiimote adapters, N64 to Wiimote adapters, Gamecube to Wiimote...
  18. Acronell

Discussion Arcade Style Controller (Full Controls)

Alright, so as a part of the ongoing bits towards building my Gamecube Laptop, still in it's infancy of the design stages, I am going to be building a custom arcade style controller to use as the main controls. I plan to use Aurelio's controller board for the ease of use and space saving, as I...
  19. Acronell

Keyboards/Keyboard Layouts

We all have our preferences, and tuni to stick by them as much as we can. What keyboard do you use? And what layout do you prefer? On my netbook I have a traditional Qwerty keyboard and layout, but I'm thinking of swapping the keys to match my preferred layout. My desktop I have a Matias...
  20. Acronell

What Operating System(s) is(are) your choice(s)?

Which Operating Systems do you like, and why so? I'm partial specifically to Windows XP primarily, and then I run Mint on my netbook. XP I use for basic game emulation and Fruity Loops primarily. While I use Mint on the go for web browsing and minor graphic work mostly.