Question Audio Streaming with a Wii DD

Acronell

Aquafam
Capital District, New York, United States
Now we all know that the GameCube has audio streaming in some of it's titles, including some pretty nice games.

And we've seen mod pieces that keep audio streaming intact when installing a wasp or WiiKey, here's looking at you Megadrive 4.

However the megadrive 4 is inserted between the Mobo and the GameCube DD, literally aligning it with the contacts to make audio streaming continue.

My question is has anyone found a way, or have any information, as to maintain audio streaming while using a Wii disc drive?

During my attempts to find info on audio streaming and the Wii DD, I kept getting brought to pages and links for Wii USB loaders and how they have issues with audio streaming. As well as pages about WiiKey and Wode issue with it as well.

(Made me smile to see that Devolution is still strong with it's audio streaming capabilities though)

If not, do we believe that it can be done?

Acronell

Aquafam
Capital District, New York, United States
Does it not support audio streaming just plugging a wii drive directly in?
The problem is that I am not certain, and in attempting to find out through the internet, it always goes to loaders and backups, I can't get the information direct.

When watching the video displaying the Megadrive v4 he mentions that he has to bypass the wasp entirely to maintain audio streaming with DVD drives, but he shows it for the GameCube stock drive.

I am still gathering pieces, so at this time I cannot test for myself.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
The WKF/Wasp doesn't pass though one of the data lines, which is what the MEGAwire mod is that you saw. Otherwise you can just plug it in directly and audio streaming will work.