Solved RVL PMS Ordering?

I've been in the beginning stages of actually putting together a G-Wii for a couple months now. I couldn't get fan spin, and I think I likely messed up my PMS (there was a spark at one point and I think I may have shorted something with an accidental solder drip), and to add to that, I managed to remove/break the BTN pad on it (pictures shown).
PXL_20210519_210915388.jpgPXL_20210519_210931454.jpgPXL_20210519_210942164.jpg
Because of that, I thought it was best/necessary to get a new one. I've seen the files for it and I've seen people mention using JLCPCB, so I thought I might try using that. I put in an order with them using just the GERBER files in a zip (without confirming just in case). So the first question is, are the GERBER files all that is needed? However, there are also a lot of options in that order page and since I don't know the first thing about PCB printing and ordering, I'm not sure what to do. Which brings me to the second question, is it fine to keep the defaults? At least some of them autofilled once I uploaded the zip file, but I just wanted to make sure. Here's a screenshot of some of them, to give an idea of what options I'm talking about.
RVL PMS Order Screenshot.jpg
Also, since I'm a beginner to portablizing who couldn't get fan spin without ruining a PMS, feel free to leave any criticisms or advice you have on what I have in the pictures, because I'm sure I could use it.

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
Hi there,

The PMSv1 is now deprecated with the release of the PMSv2 (see here: https://4layertech.com/collections/modular-line/products/rvl-pms-2). It has additional features as well such as short circuit protection which would prevent you from killing any additional boards. Of course, there are downsides to upgrading such as the the dimensions are different (for mounting purposes) and I'm not sure about the capatibility with the PDv1 board (I've heard it should work).

If you insist on going with the PMSv1 board, the gerbers are all you need to purchase from a fab house. The default settings would be fine. EEVblog has a great video explaining fabbing options. You would then also need to purchase the parts on the BOM, solder them all on the blank pcb, and test it.

Oh, thanks! I had no idea there was even a new store, let alone all those new versions. I can deal with the mounting differences, so I'll go with the PMSv2 once I'm sure I have the money to spare. Hopefully It'll work with my PDv1, but if not, replacing that is much less expensive.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Were is store
It's in the first sentence of the second most recent post above yours.......
Hi there,

The PMSv1 is now deprecated with the release of the PMSv2 (see here: https://4layertech.com/collections/modular-line/products/rvl-pms-2). It has additional features as well such as short circuit protection which would prevent you from killing any additional boards. Of course, there are downsides to upgrading such as the the dimensions are different (for mounting purposes) and I'm not sure about the capatibility with the PDv1 board (I've heard it should work).

If you insist on going with the PMSv1 board, the gerbers are all you need to purchase from a fab house. The default settings would be fine. EEVblog has a great video explaining fabbing options. You would then also need to purchase the parts on the BOM, solder them all on the blank pcb, and test it.