Question Questions during my Boogii Ashida build

Instead of making lots of threads for my questions, I am going to ask them all here. Hopefully that is alright. Here was my first question about z button switches.

Hey all, started putting together my own ashida today. The picture enclosed shows the ashida controller pcb, an extra switch i ordered that is the same as the power button, the two z button switches I sourced from the BOM, and a third-party gamecube controller pcb I figured I would open up to salvages parts if i needed them. A broken, original gamecube controller is coming in the mail that I will harvest most controller pieces from.
20220730_150820.jpg

So I am thinking that the BOM might be wrong about these digikey switches I ordered? They are not right angle mount switches to my knowledge. I do like their feel however.

The extra power switch I ordered is a right angle mount, but actually faces the wrong way (inside the controller) instead of out to where the z button will be placed.

Obviously I don't really want to harvest that dingy z switch from the third party controller, especially since it only has 2 solder points.

Assuming the original controller has the switch I need, I would still require an additional switch for the other z button. Any advice for making one of these switches here work, or a link to buy a proper replacement?

Last edited:
Thanks Wesk. I'll wait to see how the original switch feels but I will definitely use at least one of those ones I ordered from the Ashida BOM.

Trimmed my Wii today! Here are some pictures. I was referencing the trimming guide on the g-boy assembly manual for the lines on the board. I hope I didn't brick this one. I also trimmed out the MX chip.
20220731_163557.jpg

20220731_163605.jpg
You'll notice that one of the large components on the diagonal trim line had a hard time coming off. Should I be worried about that?

I am really hoping I am not going to short something, so I have checked the resistances on the board.
Here they are. Some of them seem really off compared to the resistances I have seen on Nold's thread. Am I screwed?
20220731_163858.jpg
Perhaps my odd resistances are from not trimming down enough?
Thanks for any and all help, you guys.