Discussion Nobble's Adventures in 3D Printing (Creality OR Cfiction?)

Discussion in 'Cases/3D Design' started by nobble, Dec 7, 2018.

?

Did you remember to add supports?

1. Yes

16.7%
  2. RIP

83.3%
  1. nobble .

Portables:
    9000+
    Hey BB!

As some of you know from Discord, I jumped on the Creality Ender-3 bandwagon recently.

Since purchasing my printer(s) I have done the following upgrades to one of them:

• Installed Anycube Ultrabase Glass bed (Don't buy this, it is a bit to small to fit the entire footprint of the bed on CE3)
    • Printed upgrade parts for filament guides, tool caddy, cable chains, cable mounts, lcd panel modifications, RGB led light bar, and TouchUI display
    • Installed OctoPi on to a Pi3B+ with a 3.5" HDMI touchscreen, connected to my computer via network.
    • Working on adding PiCam for livestreams/timelapses
    • Have yet to install googly eyes, I recently found out I ran out of stock on them. RIP
    Here's a shot of the printer during initial assembly:
    20181114_192118.jpg

And this is what it looks like now:
    temp

Already, I have completed many test prints with XYZ calibration cubes, small test prints of bigger designs, a few busts of famous people, some of my own case designs that I modeled in Fusion360, a BIG BLACK BANANA, and more.

This thread will be dedicated to posting new interesting objects printed, or designs that I have made myself.

Thanks to everyone who helped me get started out of the box with this new journey.
    I can feel the power of creation flowing within me!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    Doom likes this.
  2. nobble .

Portables:
    9000+
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2018