Worklog Jeff's Wii Micro

I'm using a 35x35x7mm 5v fan which pulls air from the top of the case and pushes it through a 35x35x7mm heatsink. There is a 70x35mm copper plate on top of them with thermal paste in between.
Mind if I ask where you found that? I like that arrangement.

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
The fans are on eBay, you should be able to find them if you search the dimensions, the heatsinks were from mouser, the copper plates I bought from OnlineMetals. There is also a 10mm variant of the fan and heatsink (35x35x10mm heatsinks are cheaper/more widely available)

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I don't know if it's the same fan, but this one has the same dimensions. I ordered two of them last week for testing, they look pretty good. It has dissipation ridges under the fan blades and a full aluminum enclosure with no exposed axis, so it's probably a mite better than a Sunon fan.

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
Wrapping this bad boy up. All that's left is to wait for my rocker switches from China that I ordered 2 weeks ago to arrive and to screw in the bottom piece of the case. I did have a few issues with the case, such as the screwposts being about a millimeter too close to the edge of the case, and lack of screwposts in the center causing a gap between the two pieces of the case. I ended up making it work with the motherboard screwposts and closing that gap with some hot glue. I've updated my model to address these issues but I don't really feel like reprinting the case, as it stands it gets the job done. Fortunately with all the screwposts reshelling this thing would be a piece of cake so I may do that down the road if it doesn't live up to my standards. Expect a cutting edge post soon!

20180314_233827.jpg 20180314_233839.jpg 20180314_233845.jpg