Search results

1. Reverand_Cletus

Question Trace guide for PS2 Slim ZIF connector

YOU ARE A GOLDEN GOD, FREN. THANK YOOOOOOOOOU!!!
  2. Reverand_Cletus

Question Trace guide for PS2 Slim ZIF connector

Heya! Does anyone know of - or have - a reference for the ZIF connector traces on a ps2 slim? Accidentally broke off the connector, but still needed it for testing my current project. Alternatively, if you have points on where I could bodge something in elsewhere on the board and just use a...
  3. Reverand_Cletus

Question Wiring guide for the reset button?

Based on erratic behavior in testing, pretty sure this isn't related to pin 27 on the PIF-NUS, so i'm closing this out for now. My final resolution is: dunno, and to heck with it. Spent far too many weeks on this one bottleneck. If there's a mod that wants to delete this board, go for it!
  4. Reverand_Cletus

Worklog The Beginning: a.k.a. I dont know how to solder

yay!! Good luck, and welcome the club!! Flux is an excellent point. For me (and maybe this is overcompensating for being a rookie?), temp makes a difference. RadShack's and Amazon's basic, single-temp $20 irons are fine, but I recommend one with a variable temp. Got a Hakko FM-202 from a...
  5. Reverand_Cletus

Question Wiring guide for the reset button?

Trying to use an ED64plus (not Krikzz everdrive, this is the chinese bootleg on amazon or ebay for $60). Works fine on my untouched N64 system. On my portable system, I removed the reset button, trimmed the board, and now this cart doesn't work. Normal carts work fine on the portable, it's...
  6. Reverand_Cletus

Solved N64p - short on the 5V rail

Y'ALL. last post on this thread, i swear. Posting in case anyone googles and has the same issue. So, both the board I had a problem with and the new one utilize an LED bulb upfront. The original contact broke, so I soldered the bulb directly to a 330 Ohm 0805 SMD just above where the trace...
  7. Reverand_Cletus

Good call! Will give that a shot. UPDATE: Trimmed the board some and there is no longer a short on the 5v rail. My best guess is I mucked something up with my attempts at preserving video output on the existing pins. Trimmed the power pins, on/of switch area, and the AV pins. Were I going...
  8. Reverand_Cletus

Just a heads up. Removed everything I added to the board. Still shorting on the 5v.
  9. Reverand_Cletus

Thanks! Removed that data line completely for testing, 5v is still shorting out. Guess I'll start moving this work onto another board and semi-start over ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ That would at least offer a clean chance to see if the board is just done, or if something I did pooched it...
  10. Reverand_Cletus

Here's everything! Recalled after posting this last night that I should share: everything was working fine up to my testing a fan off the regulator (5v .3a fan). Had that running as a stress-test with a heatsink attached for about an hour (and the cooling was aces, fwiw), then the video...
  11. Reverand_Cletus

Hello again! I seem to have a short on the 5v rail, but can't isolate it. Board looks fine and normal in that area, but every non-ground point in that 5v area around the regulator (and the 5v AV out area & NUC) now connects to ground. 12v into the regulator works, nothing's coming out of it...
  12. Reverand_Cletus

Solved N64p battery docking question

Thank you very much for the insight!
  13. Reverand_Cletus

Solved N64p battery docking question

I'm building a docking solution for my N64p. I have a micro USB adapter for charging on the go (wired through a 5v in to 7.4v out charger, then into the battery), and am fine-tuning a cutover to the N64 wall wart while at home (already finished the bulk of it). The wall wart will NOT be used...
  14. Reverand_Cletus

Solved Expansion Pak Ground tracing

Soldered in an expansion pak only to have an N64 that normally powered on fail. Spent an hour yesterday desoldering, cleaning it all up, and tracing the grounds so i'd have a better idea of where the fault could be. re-soldered last night, failed to boot again. Followed my guide to figure out...
  15. Reverand_Cletus

Worklog TSFv2 Revitalized

Heya! The short answer is: no. The longer as is: there can only be one active device in the slot at a time. If you were to wire each in there, you could use a switch to shuffle between the active power on each.
  16. Reverand_Cletus

Solved RAM Stacking?

Working my way through my first 64p. Only other portable i've done are a ton of GBA Macros (and Macro XL's). I'll ask a question I've yet to see asked or answered: Can the 2MB RAM chips (RDRAM18) be stacked? As a case scenario, removing two 2MB chips from one system, then soldering these...
  17. Reverand_Cletus

BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

hey howdy howdy!