Search results

1. Ekterm

Question Wii wideo owtputs qwestion

Haven't been on here for a while, glad to see the meta is still strong! I've got a new portable in mind... (Rip slimboii) So what is currently the best/preferred display method? Direct drive sounded awesome but it's not in the 4layer store, is it still a thing? Where would I get one? Is there a...
  2. Ekterm

Question 3DS Repair, any common problems?

Hey guys, just wanting to comb the net for some knowledge! I just bought a non-working original 3DS (don't ask me why I'm not working on the slimboii) and from checking around on ebay it seems like the problem is somewhat common: When pressing power, the blue light comes on, and after a second...
  3. Ekterm

PCii Mk Absol

Yo dawg, heard you liked Wii So I put a PC in a Wii so you can Wii while you Wii on another Wii next to your Wii Yes my friends, while not a portable, this is a fully functional Windows PC inside a Wii case. I am pretty happy with how this turned out, it still looks like only a Wii at first...
  4. Ekterm

Linus Tech Tips G-Boy vid

yall know about this video? @Gman Saw it and was having flashbacks to the time @jefflongo broke bitbuilt... Pretty positive review, except for linus not knowing a good dpad from his left earlobe
  5. Ekterm

Pokemon Duel Cards

I've been making these cards to use myself and thought I'd share them for whoever cares :D These are for playing Pokemon Duel like a regular ol board game, using a 24-sided dice instead of spinning the wheels. The board isn't too complicated so I didn't print that, at the very least you can...
  6. Ekterm

Question BBvideo?

I've searched and searched but to no avail, what is the current status on bbvideo and where do I figure out how to use it?
  7. Ekterm

Discussion Wii native digital video

I thought I ran across some mention of this in a different thread before, but I couldn't find it again. Just wondering about bypassing the AVE chip and converting the digital video signal into DVI or something, like the one gamecube mod. Where are we on this, how much has been tried? What are...
  8. Ekterm

Guide De-Lidding the Wii chips

I wanted to document and discuss the delidding of the Wii's chips, since it doesn't seem like a very common thing to do right now and there isn't much info on it. The benefit is slightly better cooling, and this would be important for passively cooled systems. By delidding the cpu and gpu, you...
  9. Ekterm

My First Wii Laptop - 2016

This is the first Wii portable I ever did, back in 2016, and it's still working well to this day! I made this for my senior year 4-H electrical project and won Grand Champion! I didn't know much about the Wii back then, I didn't really even know there were board revisions and refreshed chips...
  10. Ekterm

Worklog The Slimboii - Passively Cooled Wii Portable

So I really like modifying cooling systems and I am convinced enough that this is possible to go full steam ahead and build it! I honestly have a LOT of other stuff going on though so I may not finish it for a couple years even, just wanted to get a discussion going and maybe solve some issues...
  11. Ekterm

Question Video signal capacitors

Those big capacitors along the side of the GPU that the video signals pass through, can you do without them? I see them left on the standard trim but not on other trims.