My First Wii Laptop - 2016

Ekterm

Portables
Wii Laptop, PCii mk A
This is the first Wii portable I ever did, back in 2016, and it's still working well to this day! I made this for my senior year 4-H electrical project and won Grand Champion!
I didn't know much about the Wii back then, I didn't really even know there were board revisions and refreshed chips. What I wanted for this was to still keep all the original group gaming functionality, so a bigger screen and all the controller and media options. I used a 15" laptop screen, kept the DVD drive, and did not trim anything off the board. There is no battery because at this size the benefits are much less, and since its 12-volt input you can just plug it into the car outlet on a road trip and there you go. I won't take the time to explain everything step-by-step because this is old news lol

Attachments

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
Dang, that's a really cool design. I love how you kept some of the Wii buttons while still making it look laptopy with the disc drive.

Ekterm

Portables
Wii Laptop, PCii mk A
Dang, that's a really cool design. I love how you kept some of the Wii buttons while still making it look laptopy with the disc drive.
Thanks man! Yeah that part of the front of the Wii was almost exactly the same shape as the laptop edge and fit right in the cutout for the original DVD drive, I just had to widen it like a centimeter ;)

Portables
Wii Laptop V2.0, GameCube SPITE
This is a cool design. I’m a big fan of laptop style portables. Like Oz said, having some of the wii housing and buttons integrated into the laptop case looks good.