Question I accidentally removed a capacitor

Hello everyone! While removing the video out port on my Wii motherboard, I accidentally desoldered this capacitor.
82C70F84-D913-4B91-9C46-13B41BE1C9C5.jpeg

I believe it was connected to the component line, but that’s all I know. Is this part necessary to replace or can I make due without it?

EDIT: I also realized that I removed this silver cap. I know the other 6 can be removed, but can it?
601CDB41-6F51-4980-999D-816594B1B772.jpeg

Last edited:

Shank

Staff member
Portables
You are fine for both.

The first cap is just a filtering cap. It will work without it, just helps clean up noise. You will likely be tapping the video signal before this cap though, so shouldn't make a difference.

The second cap is for 5v, which normally isn't even connected to the trimmed board.

You are fine for both.

The first cap is just a filtering cap. It will work without it, just helps clean up noise. You will likely be tapping the video signal before this cap though, so shouldn't make a difference.
Thanks so much! I was just looking at your Wii Super Thread, and I got scared because turns out that that was the only 500nF capacitor on the entire board was there so there wasn’t anything I could replace it with. By the way, thanks so much for all the work you do, Shank. Your YouTube channel was what inspired me to join this community/pick up this hobby, and I’m very grateful.