Discussion ZOMG: Beyond OMEGA

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
Forget the altoids tin. If this works, the correct move is to put it in a wiimote. Or at least, that was my old plan, but I ran out of todorsauce before trying to get this far, and boy howdy is that stuff hard to find.

The premise of just scoring the board might require a revisit; when I bent N64s I found it was better to dremel a nice, thin groove. more surface area, more flexibility, better chance of the bend working instead of snapping. But...those were just cartridge slots, which have a little breathing room. I think the magic words for things like this used to be "impedance matching" but it's been a minute since I've had to think about these things. I know the RAM is relatively sensitive? I vaguely recall a memory of a Wii that wouldn't boot if a fan was put directly on top of it lmao.

A supplemental PCB made by someone who understands what this kind of hardware "likes" could help alleviate those issues. It's also insane in practice, but when using the original boards, you could try removing the original trace, instead of just cutting it. I am curious to know if that might help with the instability. When you start fucking with sensitive, high speed equipment, you have to consider a lot more.

Anyways while the one who completes the trim definitely gets to name it, I had always assumed that because OMEGA was the end of the alphabet, the only thing left to do was loop back around to the start. It might be ostentatious, but probably deserved if this can be done. I'd certainly like to see it.

Portables
KiWii Portable (In progress)
Holy fucking damn god hold me what the fuck I cant believe we are at this point in WIi modding, somebody cover my eyes FOR ME CAUSE IM SCARED TO WATCH

Portables
Well that didn’t go good the trim decided to just die on me after I somehow shorted it and started going at it with my x-acto knife:D

waiting on some new Wii’s I might try again soon, I’ll post anything new here.
IMG_6229.jpeg

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
Well that didn’t go good the trim decided to just die on me after I somehow shorted it and started going at it with my x-acto knife:D

waiting on some new Wii’s I might try again soon, I’ll post anything new here.
That's just how it be sometimes.

Portables
When I went to cut the vias I accidentally went further down into the power plane and caused a couple ram vias to be left completely disconnected. So using this photo I found out which ones they are and I’m going to try and repair them.
IMG_6239.jpeg

UDPATE

yea it’s completely dead I won’t continue further with this trim. Excuse the image it’s a disaster lol :facepalm:
IMG_6240.jpeg

Last edited: