Question WiiMote Trim Troubleshooting

Portables
Almost One :)
Hello All

I am currently working on a WiiMote trim for being embedded inside of a GameCube controller with a GameCube -> ClassicController adapter embedded as well as to make the GameCube controller wireless.

Currently, I have trimmed off half of the WiiMote board and I am using a 5V to 3.3V regulator to power the WiiMote, however I am not getting any response from the WiiMote. It is notable that the WiiMote revision I am using is different from the revision in @JacksonS 's trim.

Here is what I can confirm:
-- The two chips that were in the JacksonS trim are present on my board; the main broadcom chip and the eeprom
-- I have sanded the trimmed edges with 1000+ grit sand paper causing them to be as smooth as glass
-- The WiiMote's power regulation chip has been removed and 3.3V has been rewired directly to the 3.3V pin (pin 1) on the external device connector
-- When the WiiMote is powered, it does not respond (leds do not blink; no bluetooth device can be found) when pressing either the Sync button or 1 & 2.

I am including photos of both sides of the WiiMote board and assembly. Any help that can be provided to make this work would be greatly appreciated. If you need anymore information, please ask below and I will try to answer your question.

WiiMoteTrimBottom.jpg
WiiMoteTrimTop.jpg

JacksonS

Portables
I can't tell you exactly what to do but I know that there are multiple 3.3V rails on that Wii Remote and you will probably need to power them all individually since the regulator has been removed. You may have to compare this board with a working Wii Remote of the same type to figure out where all those rails are.

Portables
Almost One :)
Thanks!
I will try to find the other power rails as soon as possible.

Tasho

Hello, how are you? I'm a Spanish speaker, I want to do something similar, using the APP TestButton by Homebrew channel, Pin, Voltmeter and taking ground (-) from the "A" Button, Attached Photos, @JacksonS i need want help how far to cuting (Trimm ) Wiimote without losing Bluetooth, Greetings.

Attachments